Application and Requirements
To be accepted as an incoming exchange student, you need to check whether your home university holds an exchange contract with Erasmus School of History, Culture and Communication (the exchange coordinator of your home university can provide you of this information). It is important that you are nominated to us as an exchange first, before you start your application. When applying to our exchange programme, please make sure you have the following necessary documents ready in time:
- A copy of your valid passport.
- An academic transcript (in English).
- Copy of your BA diploma (only if you are currently a MA student).
- A proposed study curriculum (an indication of the courses you would like to follow at ESHCC, see our course overview - this can just be a Word/PDF/Excel document, indicating your preferred courses)
- Proof of your English proficiency* level of at least:
- B2 Common European Framework of Reference for Languages;
- 92 Academic TOEFL;
- 7.0 Academic IELTS.
* If your study programme is taught in English a statement from your home university is sufficient proof, which needs to be submitted with the application.
You are exempted from providing an English proficiency statement:
- If you are a native English speaker and you have obtained your diploma in one of the following countries: Australia, Canada (with the exception of Quebec), Ireland, New Zealand, United Kingdom or the United States of America.
- When we have made special arrangements with your university. Please ask the International Office of your home university.
How to apply
- To apply, fill in the online application form
- Please send the required documents to the International Office by email.
The application deadlines are as follows:
- Semester 1 (Sep - Jan) - 1 May;
- Semester 2 (Feb - Jun) - 1 October;
- Full Year (Sep - Jun) - 1 May.