Interested in the pre-master Cultural Economics and Entrepreneurship? On this page you will find all the admission requirements.
For promising candidates who do not meet all entry requirements for direct admission to the master specialisation, we run a one-year pre-master.
- At least a Dutch ‘hbo’ degree (Dutch Higher Vocational Education) with a good overall result, or an equivalent higher vocational qualification from an international institution (university of applied sciences), in the field of arts and culture.
The pre-master is also suitable for university graduates of arts and culture studies and many related fields, as well as art schools, with insufficient training in sociology and research methods.
- You meet the English proficiency requirement if:
- you have a Dutch ‘vwo’ grade of 7 or higher in English;
- you hold an International Baccalaureate diploma including English Standard Level (A) or English Higher Level (A or B);
- you hold a European Baccalaureate diploma including English as 1st or 2nd language;
- you obtained at least 2,5 years of English language secondary education in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, South-Africa, The USA, the UK or Ireland.
- If you do not meet one of the above requirements, you may demonstrate proof of proficiency in English through any of the following tests:
- IELTS Academic (International English language Testing System) with a minimum score of 7.0 overall. All sub scores should at least be 6.5.
- TOEFL iBT(Test of English as a Foreign Language) with a minimum score of 100. All sub scores should at least be 23.
- ITP-TOEFL (Institutional Testing Programme) offered by the Language & Training Centre at the EUR, or any other Dutch University. Minimum requirement: 627.
- Cambridge C1 Advanced or Cambridge C2 Proficiency with a minimum score of at least 185.
- Deadlines for submitting proof of English proficiency:
- non-EEA applicants: before 1 May
- EEA applicants: before 1 August
Please take the test well in time to meet the deadline. Allow some time to re-take the test, if necessary!
- English tests must not be older than two years at the time of application. If you have not yet taken a test, we recommend IELTS or TOEFL.
For graduates of recognised academic programmes taught entirely in English, the obligation to take a language test may be dropped after considering their academic performance.
The following criteria will also be taken into account during the admission process:
- connection between your previous studies and the Arts, Culture and Society specialisation,
- GPA (average grade bachelor),
- a clear and relevant letter of motivation, explaining why you want to participate in this programme,
- well-documented interest in the cultural sector,
- international background and orientation.
The assessment will be based upon your motivation letter, bachelor list of grades, curriculum vitae and a (previously written) paper.