European Cooperation on Healthcare
Because cross-border collaboration is crucial in research but not always easy (as illustrated by the imminent Brexit) we will be hosting a one day event on European cooperation on healthcare. On Friday June 21st 2019 the following speakers will share their expertise and discuss potential challenges:
- Zoltan Kalo: Is there a fair allocation of healthcare research funds by the European Union?
- Ines Hernando: Patient and health professional engagement in European cooperation
- Barbara Pierscionek: Ethico-legal challenges for European cooperation.
- Ron de Winter: Combatting multidrug bacterial resistance in a European public-private partnership (COMBACTE project)
- Marcus Guardian: Will speak on behalf of EUnethta
- Marlies Wijsenbeek: Better management of and research into rare lung diseases
- Jorge Gonzalez: The inDemand model: Faster and easier demand-driven co-creation in Health
- Carin Uyl-de Groot: Sustainability and affordability of innovative drugs at stake: cross-border solutions necessary
- European Medicines Agency (EMA): EMA perspective on biosimilars
Those working on European projects or initiatives are also invited to submit an abstract before June 8.