Management consists of the Daily Board (DB) and the Management Team (MT). Responsibility for ESHPM lies with the dean ad interim. He is assisted by the other members of the DB and research group leaders in the MT.
The Daily Board consists of:
- Dean: prof.dr. (Maarten) MJ IJzerman
- Director of education: dr. (Lucas) LMA Goossens
- Director of research: prof. (Jane Murray) JM Cramm
- Director of operations: R. (René) Karens
Characteristic of ESHPM is the multidisciplinarity. Scientists from various disciplines (such as health economics, health law, organisational sciences, public administration and medical sociology) cooperate in the health care domain. The academic staff is divided into seven sections headed by a professor / research group leader:
- Health Care Governance led by prof. H.M. (Hester) van de Bovenkamp
- Health Technology Assessment led by prof. M.P.M.H. (Maureen) Rutten - van Molken
- Health Services Management & Organisation led by prof. C.T.B. (Kees) Ahaus
- Law & Health Care led by prof. M.A.J.M. (Martin) Buijsen
- Socio-Medical Sciences led by prof. A.P. (Anna) Nieboer
- Health Systems and Insurance led by prof. M. (Marco) Varkevisser
- Health Economics led by prof. N.J.A. (Job) van Exel
The research group leader is responsible for the policy within the research group and maintains a close relationship with the DB ESHPM. Every month there is a meeting of the MT with the research group leaders where important issues are discussed in the fields of education, research and operations that affect all sections.
Erasmus School of Health Policy & Management (ESHPM) has an exceptional administrative position. It is part of the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences of Erasmus University Rotterdam. It has a strong bond with Erasmus MC. ESHPM also works together with various faculties of Erasmus University.
ESHPM is located on the campus of Erasmus University Rotterdam in Building J. Within the EUR community, ESHPM functions as if it were a faculty.