Date: 14 March 2018, 10.30-17.00
Place: Erasmus University Rotterdam, Theil Building , room C2-6
Interested in the EBCD method for co-designing quality of care? During the invitational conference ‘Experience Based Co-Design: sharing experiences and co-designing new applications’ researchers and practitioners discussed working with co-design in various settings including elderly care, mental health care, assisted housing services for people with intellectual disability, rehabilitation and hospital care.
How does EBCD work in practice? How can it be adjusted to various settings and what are ways forward in using EBCD for quality improvement work? These and other questions were discussed with experts on co-design from Jönköping Academy, Vilans, Athena institute, Zuyd University of Applied Sciences and ESHPM.
Experts attended agreed EBCD offers a fruitful approach for integrating service users and professional knowledge into quality improvement work in various settings. To make this process inclusive of service users’ voice however demands ongoing attention.
- Kristina.Areskoug-Josefsson (Jönköping Academy), Associate Professor Quality Improvement and Leadership in Health and Welfare
- Hester van de Bovenkamp (ESHPM), Associate Professor Healthcare Governance
- Albine Moser (Zuyd University of Applied Sciences & Maastricht University), Senior researcher Patient Participation
- Huib Hoogendijk (Zorgbelang Zuid-Holland), Project leader Patient Participation in Quality Improvement
- Christine Dedding (Athena Institute), Associate professor Participation and Co-creation
- Femke de Wit (Vilans), Senior Advisor Client Participation
- Marjolijn Heerings (ESHPM), PHD student Healthcare Governance
- Prof. Dr. Petri J. C. M. Embregts (University of Tilburg), Director Academic Workplace: Living with intellectual disabilities,