The Holland Scholarship is financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science and Dutch research universities and universities of applied sciences. The scholarship is meant for international students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) who want to do their Master’s in Holland. The EEA consists of the EU countries and Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway.
The scholarship amounts to € 5,000. You will receive this in the first year of your studies.
- Your nationality is non-EEA;
- You are applying for the Master in Commercial Law (all three specialisations) or the Master in International and European Public Law at Erasmus School of Law;
- You have never before studied at an education institution in the Netherlands;
- You have to pay the institute tuition fee because you do not meet the nationality requirement;
- You must have achieved excellent study results in your prior education. This means an average final result of at least grade 8.0 (or the equivalent) during their prior education. For these purposes, prior education means: the previous bachelor in Law
- You meet the specific requirements of the LL.M. programmes of Erasmus School of Law.
The scholarship will only be rewarded when you will start with the same programme for which you have applied and for which you have received admission.
How to apply
Students who have applied for a master’s programme at the Erasmus School of Law and who meet the application criteria can apply for the scholarship between 1 November 2017 and 1 May 2018.
The application procedure for the Holland Scholarship Programme is as follows:
- The deadline for applications is 1 May 2018.
- Every application can be submitted by e-mail to the LLM office and need to include the followingdocuments:
- (provisional) Admission letter
- Motivation letter (including intended career path)
- Proof of excellence during Bachelor of Law (Certified copy of Bachelor Degree including grade list)
- In case you have not completed your Bachelor yet the average grade of the current year until the date of application applies
- Description of financial position including a bank statement (that shows an amount sufficientfor the living costs during your studies of 12 x €900) and an indication of the maximum amount that can be contributed by the prospective student and/or external sponsors
- Students will be notified of the awards committee's decision before 21 May 2018.
Amount and payment
The scholarship of € 5,000 per students will be transferred in two shifts: €2500 in November2018 and €2500 in February 2019.