Is this the programme you're looking for?
Global Markets, Local Creativities (GLOCAL) brings together students from many disciplines, such as the humanities, liberal arts and social sciences. You will receive theoretical grounding in international business and global economies but will be encouraged to think about how global processes influence local contexts.
You get the chance to study at three world-class universities in different countries, deepening your cultural intelligence and strengthening your language skills. And you receive diplomas from all three universities when you finish the programme.
Key Facts & Figures
- Mode of study
- Instruction language
- 2 years
- Study points (EC)
- Campus Woudestein
- Start date
- Application Deadline (EEA)
- All year round
The study programme in a nutshell
Global Markets, Local Creativities (GLOCAL) is an Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree programme taught over 2 years by a consortium of 7 universities. GLOCAL is an integrated, international programme interrogating the history, theory, institutions and cultures of global capitalism. It is a combination of social sciences and humanities approaches. You will receive a theoretical grounding in international business and the global economy and will be encouraged to think critically about the respective roles of individuals, firms, cities, regions, nations and supra-national bodies in determining and shaping the world in which we live.
Watch the study programme video
What you will learn
- Receive a robust theoretical grounding in international business and the global economy from a historical perspective;
- enhance your learning experience with an internship;
- deepen your cultural intelligence and language skills by studying at a minimum of three different universities;
- learn from associate partners from around the world during specialist master classes and guest lectures;
- approaches local competitiveness from an evolutionary development perspective that takes into account the advantages of current-day globalisation.
Career opportunities after graduation
With your knowledge about globalised economies and local creativity, you will be an asset for many international governmental institutions, companies, or organisations.