Career opportunities for Master Global Markets, Local Creativities (GLOCAL)
Graduates of the Erasmus Mundus International Master Global Markets, Local Creativities receive three diplomas – one from each of the institutions at which they have studied. Glasgow University awards an International Master degree (IntM); Barcelona University awards an Erasmus Mundus Master degree; Erasmus University Rotterdam and the University of Göttingen award a Master of Arts degree (MA).
The Master Glocal Markets, Local Creativities:
- offers an integrated, international and coherent programme comprising the history, theory, institutions and cultures of global capitalism;
- provides students with a series of perspectives on the globalised economy, including a focus on creative and cultural economies/industries, urban ecosystems that foster entrepreneurship, creativity, innovation, and business cultures;
- enriches historical understanding and perspectives on global economy;
- encourages and supports students, through a variety of teaching and assessment methods, to develop high-level critical, analytical and practical skills, thus enhancing their employability in the global marketplace;
- helps students to develop intercultural communication and cooperation skills within a European and global framework, thus developing heightened levels of cultural sensitivity and active global citizenship;
- provides students with ongoing professional development and transferable skills including the opportunity to acquire additional languages and key employability skills through work placements (such as team work, communications and public speaking skills, cultural awareness and others);
- imparts a greater awareness of the European project and EU values;
- and provides students with a greater degree of initiative, confidence, and entrepreneurship.