What does this study entail?
New digital technologies and globalisation have transformed the business of media as well as the life of other industries. International trade has strongly increased, markets have converged, ownership structures have shifted, consumer behaviour has changed, and new media products and business models have been developed. The master specialisation Media & Business explores these developments and ways in which media firms and other companies adapt to altering business conditions and new modes of communication and business.
Is this the right programme for you?
Are you entrepreneurial and creative enough to meet the ever-changing and increasingly diverse demands of today's media and communication professions? Put yourself to the test in this engaging and entrepreneurial master specialisation and explore how new media have transformed the media business and other international industries.
Five reasons to study Media & Business at the EUR
- Media & Business features a practice-based approach through real-life cases from around the world, guest lectures and seminars with media and business professionals, and research collaborations with a wide range of media companies and other businesses;
- the specialisation facilitates an environment where business and communication come together: a perfect match for people who are fascinated by the dynamics of the media business and the intricacies of business communication;
- using state-of-the-art research, you will learn to trace and analyse the fast paced technological and organisational developments in media and business. You will dive into the welter of communication challenges faced by companies, managers and workers across various sectors;
- Media & Business is specifically designed for students with an international outlook and entrepreneurial mindset. Learning from international professors and peers in an interactive and dynamic environment challenges you to develop a strategic and analytical perspective;
- studying in Rotterdam means studying in a young, dynamic metropolis which keeps developing rapidly. Sparkling skyscrapers, an impressive port, hip restaurants and food markets, renowned museums, special attractions and awesome festivals are the direct of the ‘can do’ mentality of the people of Rotterdam.
Chat with a student
Ask our students about their studies, Rotterdam and student life.
Questions for the Erasmus Student Service Centre?
Chat via WhatsApp.