Erasmus University Rotterdam aims to support and develop research talent. As the Erasmus Graduate School of Social Sciences and the Humanities (EGSH) we want to contribute to this ambition by providing a training infrastructure and a socially support environment to PhD candidates. The EGSH was formally established in September 2012.
We are a joint venture of the following partners:
- Erasmus School of Social and Behavioural Sciences (ESSB)
- Erasmus School of History, Culture and Communication (ESHCC)
- Erasmus School of Philosophy (ESPhil)
- International Institute of Social Studies (ISS) in The Hague
- Erasmus School of Health Policy & Management (ESHPM)
- Institute for Housing and Urban Development Studies (IHS)
- The Dutch Research Institute For Transitions (DRIFT)
If you are a PhD candidate at any of the above-mentioned faculties or institutes you are also automatically a member of the EGSH. This means you can attend our courses and workshops for free and make use of our support services.
PhD research at the Erasmus Graduate School of Social Sciences and the Humanities
Prof. dr. Liesbet van Zoonen, former Dean of Erasmus Graduate School of Social Sciences and the Humanities, talks about the research areas and PhD projects within the Graduate School.