Electives for students of Erasmus University Rotterdam
Bachelor students of other faculties at the EUR can (occasionally) follow an elective at the ESHCC. The number of available spots per course is limited; students of the Erasmus School of History, Culture and Communication will get priority.
Step 1: Ask the Examination Board of your program for permission.
Step 2: Submit your application via the online form. You can rank the courses according to your preference; “1” means the highest preference (the course you most want to follow), “2” means the second highest preference etcetera.
Step 3: If you are accepted to the elective, then you will receive a confirmation from the Education Office. The Education Office will be able to tell you the results after the regular registration period. The Education Office will register you for the course, exam and Canvas.
This information is not updated yet for 2019-2020. Please return to this page after 15 July.
Only students from English-taught programmes (except for ESHCC students) can sign up for our courses
Please read before signing up:
- You need to have a valid registration at EUR for the current Academic Year
- Please note that you might have to ask your Examination Board for permission to take our courses. Please do so after you have signed up for courses, because Examination Boards can sometimes take a lot of time before they get back to you.
- You can only sign up for our courses through the procedure described below. Registration to our courses does not go through OSIRIS > Register, but through a form on OSIRIS > Cases (if deadline has not passed yet). If the deadline for the normal course registration procedure has already passed, students have to follow the Late Registration Procedure
- When filling out our course registration form, you must be aware of the schedules of your selected courses! Make sure you have checked that the schedules of your preferences do not overlap with each other. This is your own responsibility!
Registration to our courses goes through OSIRIS > Cases. During the specific course registration periods (see timeline below), you will be able to fill out your course preferences and submit your form there. Please click on "Start new case" - remember to disable your popup blocker and search for "ESHCC IBCoM Course Registrations Term 1 (Studyplan)." Please check the table below for information about when to register for our courses, and what the procedure is.
Course period Registration period Term 1 30 July- 15 August (noon) Term 2 1 October - 17 October (noon) Term 3 & Term 4 24 December - 9 January (noon)
Procedure (read and follow carefully!)
As soon as the registration period opens, you will be able to fill out a form on OSIRIS by going to OSIRIS > Case > Start new case > ESHCC IBCoM Course Registrations Term 1 (Studyplan). In this form you will be asked to indicate how many courses you want to take, and to list 5 preferences. A few days after the deadline has passed, you will receive an email with the course(s) that has been assigned to you. This email will also contain further information about workgroup registration and more. Note that IBCoM's courses are generally small-scale and therefore have limited capacity; please take into consideration that you might not get your first choice, and that the procedure is first come, first serve. Therefore, please only list courses in your form that you would be interested in doing, because there is a chance you get them assigned. In addition, always carefully check the schedules of your preferred courses to make sure they do not take place at the same time.
Dropping or adding courses
When you get your courses assigned, you can drop courses by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. However, you cannot change them to other courses. To add courses, you need to follow the Late Registration Procedure.
If you have missed the deadline for course registrations, you can still join Late Registrations, which takes place in specific periods as well. Within the period, Late Registrations take place on Tuesdays and Fridays from 8:30 AM until 9:00 AM at IBCoM Office (M8-34) (see table below for the exact dates). You need to pay a late registration fee of €10,- per course (in cash), which will go to charity. Upon arrival make sure you write your name on the sign-up sheet in the waiting area and wait until you are called. If you cannot make it to the Late Registration rounds yourself, you may send someone else on your behalf. Make sure your friend has your student number and brings your fee in cash, and has a list of courses that you would be interested to take.
Please note that the offer of courses continually changes, and the procedure is first come, first serve. Therefore it is not possible to know beforehand which courses are still open. When you visit IBCoM Office for Late Registrations, you will see on the spot which courses are still open for you to take.
Please keep in mind that Late Registrations are an exception for those who miss the original deadline. Missing Late Registrations means no access to IBCoM's courses - we can't make exceptions to exceptions. Thank you for your understanding.
Late Registration Period
Tuesdays: 20, 23 August
Fridays: 27, 30 August
Tuesday: 22, 25 October
Fridays: 29 October
Tuesdays: 21, 24 January
Fridays: 28, 31 January
Tuesdays: 24, 27 March
Fridays: 31 March, 3 April
- Timetable conflicts: make sure you check the timetable for the elective to see if it does not have any overlap with the schedules of your other courses.
- The number of available spots per course is limited; students of the Erasmus School of History, Culture and Communication will get priority.
- You should determine if you have enough knowledge on the subject to follow the course.
- When you have a re-sit exam, you should register yourself in Osiris!