Update 15 May 2018 at 12:00 hours
Unfortunately due to severe technical issues with the XIOR booking website the planned registration at XIOR on 14 May has been postponed. Luckily XIOR has meanwhile solved this issue and the registration at XIOR will start on:
Wednesday 16 May 2018 at 12 PM CET.
Our apologies for the inconvenience!
On 1 September 2017 XIOR student Housing has opened a brand new student housing building right next to the Woudestein campus of the Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR). This 8 floor building has 280 studio apartments, which all have private bathroom and kitchen facilities.
The EUR has agreed on a partnership with Xior, and we have reserved 259 studio apartments exclusively for our first year International Bachelor or Master students. The rooms can only be booked for a fixed rental period of 12 months starting 1 September 2018.
Xior will handle the whole process – from making a room reservation to payments. But certainly EUR is constantly in touch with XIOR ‘behind the scenes’ to make sure the quality and services level remain high.
The registration at XIOR for the academic year opens on:
- Wednesday 16 May 2018 at 12 PM CET
As of this date you can register yourself via the XIOR booking website.
- Go to www.xior-booking.com and filter that only Student Rooms in “Rotterdam” are visible.
- As of Wednesday 16 May 2018 at 12 PM CET you will see all the available accommodation in Rotterdam.
- If you do not have an account yet you should first create one by clicking on “Register” in the menu.
- After filling in your email address, password, accepting the general provisions and clicking on the create button you will receive an e-mail. This e-mail will contain a link. By clicking on the link you will verify your account.
- After verifying your account you will be able to log in by clicking on “Login Booking” in the menu. Here you will have to enter your email address and password.
- After logging in you will be able to apply to your chosen room. Found a room? Then you can apply via the button “Apply here”.
- Next you will have to fill in the registration form. Keep the following in mind:
- The field BSN-number (Dutch Social Security Code) is optional. If you don’t have this number, you can leave this field empty.
- The field BIC is a required field. BIC stands for Bank Identifier Code (also sometimes referred to SWIFT-BIC) and is used when transferring money between bank account to bank account. If you don’t know this code you can look it up on the website of your own bank.
- When you have completed the form you hit the Send button.
Pay registration Fee
- After you have send the registration you will be asked to pay a registration fee of € 25,-. This fee is obligated and also non-refundable! After paying the fee, you will receive a confirmation e-mail. Make sure to also check your Spam box if you haven’t received a message within a couple of minutes!
- You have 15 minutes to pay the € 25,- registration fee before the room offer expires. You can pay the fee with iDeal (with a Dutch iBan number) or via PayPal.
- After you have paid the registration fee your request will be processed and XIOR and EUR will verified that you meet the criteria and are eligible to rent a room at XIOR.
- Within 10 business days you will receive an email with a definite booking confirmation and payment details.
If you have any question regarding the registration at XIOR please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The rent for short stay accommodation for international students is in general always higher than rents Dutch students are paying. This is because you are renting fully furnished accommodation, including several extra services, available upon your arrival.
At XIOR you can rent rooms in the 'innercircle' and 'outercircle' (see photoalbum below). The prices range between € 655 and € 720 including services.
The rooms will be delivered complete, including:
- a PVC floor
- private bathroom (shower, toilet, washbasin)
- kitchen (2 ceramic cooker, combi-microwave)
- a bed (1.20m by 2.10m) with mattress and cover
- 2 storage drawers
- wardrobe with shelves
- desk with storage compartments and 2 drawers
- an office chair
Furthermore, all homes are equipped with electronic locks, own energy meters and a Wi-Fi network.
Within the building a launderette is provided where you can wash and dry at a fixed compulsory fee and a study room. There is a central collection point for household waste outside and the communal areas are cleaned twice a week. The building has several stairs and two lifts.
The rooms at XIOR will be booked based on first come, first serve. Before applying take note that you have to meet the following criteria:
- You are a first year admitted student at the EUR;
- You don’t have the Dutch nationality
You can find more information about Xior accommodations on their general XIOR Website.