About our research
The Faculty's research centers on the following focus areas:
- Culture, Heritage and Globalization.
- Conflict and Social-Economic Order.
- Cultural Entrepreneurship and Creative Industries.
- Identities, Representation, and Society.
- Production and Reception of Media and Culture.
The researchers of the ESHCC strive to do research that is:
- interdisciplinary in nature;
- comparative in scope;
- grounded in historical, social, cultural and economic science theories and methodologies;
- and geared to contributing to the further development of knowledge, methodology, and theory.
In all of our research activities, special attention is paid to the societal context and bearing of the research. Researchers at the Faculty entertain close relations with both public and private institutions and organizations. They are actively engaged in making research findings accessible to various non-university audiences.
Erasmus Graduate School of Social Sciences and the Humanities
The Graduate School of Social Sciences and the Humanities has been constituted as a joint venture of Erasmus School of Social and Behavioural Sciences, the Erasmus School of History, Culture and Communication, the Erasmus School of Philosophy of Erasmus University Rotterdam and the International Institute of Social Studies. The School has been formally established in September 2012.
The Faculty participates in six national research schools: