The Holland Scholarship is financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science and Dutch research universities and universities of applied sciences. The scholarship is meant for international students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) who want to do their Master’s in Holland. The EEA consists of the EU countries and Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway.
Scholarship amount and conditions
The Erasmus University Holland Scholarship amount of € 10.000 is split into two parts: € 5.000 is used to reduce the tuition fee, and the student will receive the other € 5.000 through 10 monthly payments. The amount of € 5.000 that the student will receive can be used as part of the required living fee deposit for the immigration procedure.
- Your nationality is non-EEA;
- You are applying for a full-time, English-taught master’s programme in Health Care Management (HCM) or Health Economics, Policy & Law (HEPL);
- You have never before studied at an educational institution in the Netherlands;
- You must have achieved excellent study results in your prior education. This means an average result of at least grade 8.0 (or the equivalent) during their prior education. For these purposes, prior education means: the previous bachelor's study abroad.
- You meet the specific requirements of the HCM or HEPL programme of Erasmus School of Health Policy and Management.
The scholarship will only be rewarded if you start the same programme for which you have applied and for which you have received an admission. Must be enrolled by September 1, 2023.
Students who have applied for the HCM or HEPL programme (2023-2024) of Erasmus School of Health Policy and Management and who meet the application criteria for the scholarship can apply before 1 May 2023.
The application procedure for the Holland Scholarship Programme is as follows:
- Please fill in the online application form completely. The registration form shall be complete only if accompanied by:
- Motivation letter (max. 2 A4, in PDF format);
- Certified statement from your educational institution confirming your obtained GPA;
- Complete application or enrolment for the HCM or HEPL programme;
- Financial statement: describing your financial situation and the reason and need to receive the scholarship;
- You will have to pay the institutional tuition fee because you do not meet the nationality requirement for the lower statutory fee;
- Selection will take place from 1 May to 20 May 2023.
- Students will be notified of the awards committee's decision before 1 June 2023.