EUR cancels all 'live' education and exams
Today, the government has taken new measures with regard to the coronavirus. This has far reaching consequences for our work and our education. For example, it has been decided that 'live' education is no longer allowed on campus from now on until the first of April. The campus will remain open.
In response to the new government measures, EUR has adopted the following policy:
- The Cabinet writes that education should only be given digitally. For EUR, this means that we will make maximum use of online education. All ‘ live’ education will therefore be canceled from March 13 until at least March 31.
- Events with more than 100 people, such as fairs, concerts and sports competitions, must be cancelled throughout the Netherlands, the Prime Minister announced this today. The EUR complies with this, which means that all meetings with more than 100 people are not allowed.
- Furthermore, the Cabinet asks everyone with mild complaints to stay at home. We follow this advice. Do you have mild complaints? Stay at home. Do you have more serious complaints? Stay at home, report ill and then contact your doctor.
- The campus will remain open for students, however we advise you to study at home and do not come to campus.
- It is also now the government's advice to work from home as much as possible or to spread working hours. EUR employees need to discuss this with their managers. It is possible to determine the best for each team, for example working with shifts, etc.
- Do not travel abroad. International Exchange students who wish to return to their home university early are advised to contact their exchange officer.
- No business trips abroad. Is this inevitable? Discuss this with your manager.
No normal times
The Executive Board understands that the corona measures require a lot from you as employees and that this may lead to unrest or uncertainty. Where possible, we help you and together with your manager you can see what you need to do the job as well as possible. We recognise that an extra effort is required from you. We greatly appreciate everyone's involvement and commitment.
For our part, we will remove as much ambiguity as possible by communicating in a timely and regular manner. We follow the guidelines of the government and the RIVM with regard to health issues and will check from day to day with our crisis organisation what additional measures we consider necessary. Do you have any questions or suggestions? Let us know!
Other HR matters
Discuss any questions you have with your immediate supervisor. He / she will be kept informed of the most recent HR developments in relation to the coronavirus. Also keep an eye on the website www.eur.nl/corona, the FAQs are regularly updated.
Other student affairs
Also keep an eye on the website https://www.eur.nl/en/news-calendar/dossiers/corona , the FAQs are regularly updated. You can also contact the Service Desk via: (010) 408 88 80 or the contact form.
Please note that we cannot answer all questions in the short term. The impact of the measures mentioned must be worked out and that takes time.