Frequently Asked Questions
All students are required to attend the introduction week. Only when special circumstances are involved, exceptions are made. Please inform the international office about the reason for your delay. Arriving late means that catching up with lectures and notes will be your own responsibility.
- No, this is not possible. Our Bachelor programme is taught in Dutch.
- A minimum amount of 900 Euro per month will provide you with enough money to maintain a reasonable standard of living.
- We strongly advice you not do so. When two visa application procedures run simultaneously on behalf of the same person, both procedures will be cancelled for further investigation by the Immigration Services. Please do not apply for your visa yourself.
- No, this will not be possible.
- No, you can do so during the semester by completing the exam registration form.
Two weeks prior to the start of the academic year it no longer is possible to (un)register for courses. This procedure remains for each block. Two weeks before the start of a block, it no longer is possible to switch courses.
Yes, as long as the majority of your courses are law courses. Please take into consideration that other faculties will give precedence to their own student group when the number of participants is limited. Also note that courses at other faculties at EUR may start earlier or later in the semester, please check the website of the respective faculty in advance.
This depends on the requirements of your home university. In general students take between 3-5 courses (18-30 ECTS) per semester.
No, this is not possible.
- If you have passed the course, it will be mentioned on your final certificate, along with the other regular English courses.
- Most of the examinations are written exams, however some are oral. Sometimes evaluation includes class participation, a presentation or a paper assignment.
All re-examinations take place at the end of the academic year (July).
- In this case you need to contact the staff of the international office.
- We will send your certificate to you at your home address. As soon as you receive it, you will have to submit it to your home coordinator.