Faculty general notes
Students coming to Erasmus School of Philosophy of the Erasmus University Rotterdam are kindly requested to take notice of the following:
- Courses start during the first week of September (1st semester) and the third week of January (2nd semester), registration after courses have started is not possible.
- The Dutch language course (crash course) takes place during the three weeks preceding the lecture periods. The crash courses are in August and January.
- Inevitably there is some "paper-work" to do. Accommodation form and Registration form are to be filled in and send to us.
- The courses we offer in English are at MA level. BA students therefore take these courses for 5 ECTS instead of the usual 7 ECTS. Please make yourself known to the the teacher as a BA-student so he or she can adjust the workload accordingly
- The medium of instruction at the department of philosophy is Dutch and English.
Non native English speakers should be able to show their English language proficiency. We accept:
- Native speakers;- Language Course certificates (English B2 and higher)
- Language Course certificates (English B2 and higher);
- Demonstration of proficiency in English in a writing sample.
- Students who speak and read fluently Dutch (or at least at C1 level) are allowed to follow courses in Dutch.