The Faculty Council is an important representative body of Erasmus School of Philosophy. The Faculty Council discusses the general affairs of the faculty with the dean. The dean informs the Faculty Council about the policy s/he implements and regarding policy intentions for education, research, finances, personnel and organisation.
The Council comprises eight members, half of whom are selected from the staff and half of whom are students.
The Programme Committee is primarily involved in education and gives advice on the proposed curricula and the feasibility of these.
The Programme Committee:
- issues annual advice about the proposed curricula;
- monitors the implementation of educational evaluations and discusses the results of these;
- monitors the ‘studyability’ of the programmes;
- organises study days about education and quality improvement;
- makes solicited and unsolicited proposals to improve the quality of the education;
- will be informed by the study advisor regarding student study progress.