Is this the programme you're looking for?
Are you a curious and critical thinker who wants to dive deeper into the rich knowledge, complex methodologies, and diverse perspectives of philosophical thinking? Do you want to learn how to use this specific way of thinking to address fundamental timeless questions as well as current societal issues? Do you have a Bachelor in another discipline, but want to study our Master Philosophy to engage in contemporary philosophical debates centered on the great challenges of our time? Are you ready for an intellectually challenging and intense programme that prepares you for studying the Master Philosophy within a year? Then this is the right programme for you.
Key Facts & Figures
- Not applicable
- Mode of study
- Instruction language
- 1 year
- Study points (EC)
- Campus Woudestein
- Start date
- Application Deadline (EEA)
- 20 August
The study programme in a nutshell
The Pre-Master Philosophy combines core courses providing essential philosophical knowledge and courses providing advanced knowledge on the application of philosophical methods and theories to current issues.
The courses are combined with a training of the specific academic skills that are needed to successfully study the Master Philosophy and tailor-made guidance to support students in their personal learning processes.
What you will learn
The Pre-Master prepares you for the Master’s programme Philosophy Now
The Pre-Master provides you with basic knowledge to understand fundamental philosophical concepts and methodologies and core theories – with a focus on Enlightenment Philosophy and Contemporary Philosophy. It will prepare you to acquire further philosophical knowledge on your own and to apply this knowledge and philosophical reflection skills to contemporary philosophical debates centered on the great challenges of our time that will be discussed in the MA Philosophy
The core courses of the Pre-Master are accompanied by an intensive academic skills training, geared to the specific requirements of philosophical research and argumentation, with a focus on academic writing, critical reflection, and the competence to understand philosophical views from different traditions and to argue from different philosophical perspectives.
Is this the right programme for you?
- Do you want to study the Master Philosophy?
- Do you have successfully completed your Bachelor studies (University or HBO), but not in philosophy?
- Are you ready for an intellectually challenging and demanding study programme that prepares you for the Master programme within a year?
- Do you want to gain fundamental insights into philosophy and train the specific skills of philosophical thinking?
- Do you want to learn how to apply the rich knowledge and diverse methodologies of philosophy to timeless questions and concrete topical issues?
- Are you looking to develop your skills in reflexivity, academic writing, argumentation, critical thinking and for personal growth?
Have you answered ‘yes!’ to the above questions? Then the Pre-Master Philosophy is probably a great fit for you!