Is this the programme you're looking for?
If you're interested in how algorithms can be racist, how your smartphone is a political object, or how climate change becomes an issue through activist engagement, this master programme (MSc) is for you.
Key Facts & Figures
- Mode of study
- Instruction language
- 1 year
- Study points (EC)
- Campus Woudestein
- Start date
- Application Deadline (EEA)
- 17 June
The study programme in a nutshell
- provides the tools to critically analyze the key issues of today;
- works from, and helps develop, students own engagement with those issues;
- has dedicated professors, awarded with the best teacher awards by students in their department, and with experience in public social science;
- has small-scale, interactive tutorials, with lots of attention for the individual student;
- improves students’ ability to meaningfully work with people who come from a variety of backgrounds.
Watch the study programme video
What you will learn
This programme doesn’t place one issue front and center. It provides you with the tools to navigate and broker public issues, to develop your own engagement with them and to intervene in them.
Is this the right programme for you?
- improves students’ ability to meaningfully work with people who come from a variety of backgrounds and have different types of expertise.
- The Social Sciences Department of Erasmus University Rotterdam ranks the highest of all of the continental European universities in the Shanghai Ranking.
Want to know more? Meet us here
Career opportunities after graduation
The ability to dissect major public issues and to consider them from multiple perspectives is key whether you will be a journalist, NGO worker, teacher, social worker, entrepreneur or policy maker.