Courses and Study Information
Erasmus School of History, Culture and Communication (ESHCC) offers bachelor courses to incoming exchange students. Master courses are only allowed to be followed by Master students - no exceptions.
Important pointers to keep in mind for taking courses at our school during your exchange as an ESHCC student are as follows:
- The majority of courses (≥50% of the total number of EC*) should be in your host department (i.e. History, Arts & Culture Studies or Communication & Media)
- The full time workload is 30 EC per semester (15 EC per term).
- The academic calendar of the Erasmus School of History, Culture and Communication consists of four terms per year. Each semester is divided into two terms.
- Exchange students need to take a minimum of 5 EC per term, and 15 EC per semester.
- Erasmus University Rotterdam does not have an add/drop week.
- You are welcome to drop a course (if you still meet the min. course/term requirements), but you cannot trade it for another course.
For more information about the academic calendar, courses, and study information in general - please browse the pages in this section.
* European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS)
- History courses
- Arts and Culture Studies courses
- Media and Communication courses (BA level)
- Media and Communication courses (MA level)
- Other courses
|Course period||Registration period|
|Fall semester - Term 1||30 July- 15 August (noon)|
|Fall semester - Term 2||1 October - 17 October (noon)|
|Spring semester - Term 3 & Term 4||24 December - 9 January (noon)|