Do you want to contribute to a more sustainable planet? Start at the campus! Read what you can do as a student or employee of Erasmus University Rotterdam.
Erasmus Sustainability Hub
The Erasmus Sustainability Hub is an all-student-led platform that creates awareness about sustainability on campus. Several new projects have started from the Hub, like the Erasmus Foodlab, the EUR Wardrobe. The Sustainability Hub also organises the annual Erasmus Sustainability Days.
Erasmus Food Lab
The Erasmus Food Lab offers professional cooking classes. All plant based, with transparent CO2 accounting and great recipes. The Foodlab is connected to several scientific researches from several faculties and offers a place to practice theory. Above all, it creates awareness about sustainable food, that tastes great and is fun to make!
Edible EUR: gardening on the campus
This is an all-student led garden on campus. Every Friday students get their hands dirty to produce great veggies on campus. The products are used by the Foodlab, Erasmus Sport and other outlets. Apart from the garden, the Edible Campus project strives towards more edible species on campus and, above all, to create more awareness about the source of our food.
PostPlastic Generation is an all-student initiative to raise awareness about our waste, the amount of plastic that we use and how to reduce it! They are famous for their creations made out of plastic waste from Campus.
Sustainability: things you can do yourself
Nine tips for a sustainable lifestyle
Education in Transition
Education in Transition is an all-student-led initiative to get more sustainability into the curriculum at the EUR. With “teach-ins”, campaigns and a strong voice they want to urge the faculties to make sure sustainability is in each and every course.
Sustainability Liaison Network
Our Mission – The Sustainability Liaison Network (SLN), with members in every school, institute and relevant department of the EUR, is a learning platform where we discuss experiences and share best practices and challenges.
Our Vision – The Network sets out to integrate sustainability into all parts of the university by strengthening and growing our sustainability community.
- We map the sustainability projects, policies and activities of schools and departments and identify synergies and best practices.
- We open discussion on systematic sustainability issues and questions at EUR, and to facilitate proactive coordinated changes.
- We create a Sustainability Report for 2021 and corresponding benchmarking criteria.
- We contribute to achieving a higher ranking in the SustainaBul and Times Higher Education Impact Ranking by examining actions to coordinate the implementation of SDGs in education, research and operations.
- We use English unless you are more comfortable using Dutch
- Mariecke (EUR Program Manager Sustainability) chairs the meetings
- We meet every two months
- In between the main meetings we can organize ad hoc meetings
- We use TEAMS as our platform for questions, input, exchange, storage of information and discussion in-between meetings
We consider the network successful when
- The network members learn from each other and use ideas the picked up in the group
- The liaisons manage to activate their ‘home base’
- The liaisons enjoy sharing their experiences to the benefit of all
- EUR publishes a Sustainability Report 2021 with the contributions and OK of the SLN
ESL – mr. dr. Margreet Luth-Morgan: firstname.lastname@example.org
ESHPM - Jitse Schuurmans: email@example.com
ESHCC - Yijing Wang: firstname.lastname@example.org
ESE - dr. Bas Karreman: email@example.com
ESSB - dr. Irene van Oorschot: firstname.lastname@example.org
EUC - dr. Ana Vasques: email@example.com
RSM - Joey Johannsen: firstname.lastname@example.org
EMC - Hans-Peter Schilte: email@example.com & prof.dr.ir Lex Burdorf: firstname.lastname@example.org & Caroline Poot: email@example.com
ESPHIL - dr. Yogi Hendlin: firstname.lastname@example.org
ISS - dr. Oane Visser: email@example.com
REF – Annemiek Strijker: firstname.lastname@example.org
(CIO) EDIS - Rory O'Connor: email@example.com & Lukas Ribeiro Borges: firstname.lastname@example.org
RSM BV - Carolina Ospina: email@example.com
DIT – Emma Tram: firstname.lastname@example.org
M&C - Alejandra Pereda Kappner: email@example.com
HR - Celinka Roovers-Werkman: firstname.lastname@example.org & Sven Hogervorst: email@example.com
U-Council - Tom van Dijken: firstname.lastname@example.org
ESH - Adam Brandisz: email@example.com
Student Sustainability Liaison – S. Baran firstname.lastname@example.org