EUR Excellence Scholarship
|Level of study|
Scholarship / Grant in €
|Deadline||31 May 2018 (2017/2018 deadlines has passed)|
More details & contact
Application - EUR Excellence Scholarship
Follow these steps to apply:
- Your application includes the following:
- Motivation letter (maximum 1 A4);
- Curriculum vitae;
- Proof of admission to the master programme of your choice or a provisional certificate (via the Education Office of the master programme);
- Copies of certificates and transcript of records of higher education that show that you have graduated with an average grade of at least 8,0 for an EUR degree programme.
If you have not received your certificate yet then you need to send a letter from the exam committee which shows that it is expected that you will graduate with an average grade of at least 8,0;3.
- Send your request to the coordinator EUR Excellence Scholarship: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- All applications will be checked and evaluated by a committee on motivation and grades;
- In June, you'll be informed on the outcome of your application. Postpone completing and paying the digital authorization of tuition until the outcome:
- Awarded: you’ll receive a message that the scholarship is awarded. After that, print the authorization (in which the tuition fee is lowered) and pay the reduced tuition to complete your registration. You have to start the master in the calendar year of granting the scholarship;
- Rejection: if the scholarship isn’t awarded, you can choose to cancel you registration. If you still want to follow the master, you can complete your registration by paying the high institutional tuition fee.
Deadline: 31 May 2017 (2017/2018 deadlines has passed)
The EUR Excellence Scholarship is a scholarship that reduces the higher institute tuition fee for a second master’s degree to a tuition fee equal to the EEA/EU student’s statutory tuition fee.
This scholarship is for outstanding EUR-students who wish to pursue a second master at the Erasmus University Rotterdam.
Please note: this scholarship is only for current or former students of the Erasmus University Rotterdam who meet the nationality criteria for EEA/EU students.
Frequently Asked Questions
In order to filter out the scholarships you might be able to apply for, take the following steps:
- Select on this page your current situation.
By clicking on one of the situations, the scholarship overview that applies to you will be shown;
- All the basic requirements of the scholarship are mentioned in the table of the scholarship overview page. Check for country and region eligibility, study level and faculty specific information;
- Click on one of the scholarships for more details;
- To apply, follow the given application instructions.
- Select on this page your current situation.
Follow the application instructions on the scholarship detail page, by clicking on one of the scholarships in the overview table.
In Holland, higher education is subsidized, which means that tuition fees can be kept relatively low, especially compared with the United Kingdom and the United States. Because of this, we do not have an extensive scholarship programme. This doesn't mean we don't have them at all though, so make sure to have a closer look.
Your changes are slim, meaning that most students won't gain a scholarship. There are hundreds of new students each year, but there is not an equal amount of scholarships available. Therefore always make sure to have a plan B to cover your finances, in case you won't gain the scholarship.
Most of the requirements apply to:
- Study results / being an excellent student;
- Being able to demonstrate your ambition;
- Level of study;
- Obtained diplomas;
- Country of origin.
First, select on the Scholarships and grants page if you're a student planning to study at Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR) or whether you're already studying at EUR and thinking about going on exchange.
After selecting one of these options, you'll land on a page with a scholarship overview applicable to your situation.
Preparing an application for a scholarship can be time consuming. Deadlines can be as early as January, so make sure to plan ahead. Start looking for scholarships 6-12 months in advance.
That depends on the scholarship. The scholarship may be a partial tuition fee waiver which means you still need to pay tuition fee. Please check the criteria of your scholarship carefully.
In a lot of cases you will receive the scholarship for only one year. Please check the scholarship criteria carefully to avoid unpleasant surprises. Think about ways to finance your 2nd and/or 3rd year in advance.