Complete list of requirements can be found at the LPDP Beasiswa website.
|Level of study|
Scholarship / Grant in €
Differs per faculty.and per level (Master of Phd)
|Deadline||Twice times a year. Check the LPDP website for more info.|
More details & contact
Website: LPDP Beasiswa
These scholarships are a provided by the Indonesian Endowment Fund LPDP. It provides both PhD and MSc scholarships for Indonesian citizens intending to pursue a PhD or MSc degree at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
The scholarship is twice a year, usually in May-June and August-September
- For MSc scholarships see the following page
- PhD scholarship covers €1200/month living allowance plus extra for study costs and health insurance
- Last call: August 1st – September 8th, 2021. Next call expected around April or May 2022
- Online application at the website of the LPDP, after the candidate has the Unconditional Letter of Acceptance, signed by his/her School’s representative (given on request by the candidate’s future supervisor, not on request by the candidate him/herself)
- Candidates must apply for a position at the relevant Erasmus School and comply to the school’s specific admission criteria (see below). This can be done before the opening of the call (it is advised to do so since the interview & selection process may also take some time)
- Successful candidates must ask their Erasmus professor for a Letter of Acceptance
- Candidates must comply to LPDPs criteria [link]
- Candidates must submit a scholarship proposal online
LPDP PHD vacancies
Currently closed because there is no call. For examples of vacancies see the different schools’ own web pages.
- Vacancies open May-June and August-September 2021
- Erasmus MC requires Indonesian candidates to have an Indonesian co-supervisor
ERIM, other schools
Is living in NL expensive?
Find out more about the costs of living in the Netherlands.
Do you have questions?
Feel free to reach out to any of our international officers
Make a financial budget plan before you go abroad.
Didn't find a scholarship? Don't worry!
Frequently Asked Questions
In order to filter out the scholarships you might be able to apply for, take the following steps:
- Select on this page your current situation.
By clicking on one of the situations, the scholarship overview that applies to you will be shown;
- All the basic requirements of the scholarship are mentioned in the table of the scholarship overview page. Check for country and region eligibility, study level and faculty specific information;
- Click on one of the scholarships for more details;
- To apply, follow the given application instructions.
Your chances are slim, meaning that most students won't receive a scholarship. There are hundreds of new students each year, but there is not an equal amount of scholarships available. Therefore always make sure to have a plan B to cover your finances, in case you won't receive the scholarship.
Most of the requirement apply to:
- Study results / being an excellent student;
- Being able to demonstrate your ambition;
- Level of study;
- Obtained diplomas;
- Country of origin.
First, select on the Scholarships and grants page if you're a student planning to study at Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR) or whether you're already studying at EUR and thinking about going on exchange.
After selecting one of these options, you'll land on a page with a scholarship overview applicable to your situation.
Preparing an application for a scholarship can be time consuming. Deadlines can be as early as January, so make sure to plan ahead. Start looking for scholarships 6-12 months in advance.
That depends on the scholarship. The scholarship may be a partial tuition fee waiver which means you still need to pay tuition fee. Please check the criteria of your scholarship carefully.
In a lot of cases you will receive the scholarship for only one year. Please check the scholarship criteria carefully to avoid unpleasant surprises. Think about ways to finance your 2nd and/or 3rd year in advance.