About the G&D Europe Scholarship
The G&D Europe Scholarship is generously founded by two EUR alumni from Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM) and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE). Jan-Paul Vegt and Yonggao Liu, owners of G&D Europe B.V., say their education at EUR stood at the base of their success. Although their business takes them all over the world, they still consider Rotterdam and EUR their home. They want to share this experience by providing a scholarship for a bachelor or master programme at EUR.
- You are a first-, second- or third-year EUR bachelor student or a first-year EUR master student at the start of the academic year 1 September 2024;
- You hold a Chinese passport and lived in China up to the start of the Erasmus University Rotterdam programme. You have not lived, studied, worked or done an internship outside of China prior to this programme;
- Students following programmes, such as double degrees, that start outside of the Netherlands before continuing in Rotterdam cannot apply for this grant.
- You have been offered a place in the programme by Erasmus University Rotterdam, or have been given permission to proceed to the next year in the programme;
- You are willing to become an ambassador for the scholarship fund and participate in promotional activities, for example by writing a short report, being interviewed for the website and alumni magazine, and providing a portrait picture;
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and show this in your motivation.
- This scholarship must be used to fund your bachelor or master education at EUR only.
- Nationalities: Chinese
- Partcipating faculties: all faculties
- Level of study: Bachelor and Master
One time payment of € 3.000 covering part of the tuition fee.
The scholarship cannot be prolonged for the next year of your programme. The scholarship will be paid to the university and will be deducted from your tuition fee.
In order to be considered for a G&D Europe Scholarship, applicants need to meet all bachelor or master admission requirements. Once you meet the admissions requirements, please send the below listed documents to the International Office. Your application should include:
- Motivation letter for the application of the scholarship, including your Erasmus University Rotterdam programme. Indicate your motivation for the programme and how you are a good candidate for the scholarship.
- If you are a second or third year student, you need proof that you have been given permission to proceed to the next year in the programme. You can generate a Study Progress overview in Osiris.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Copy of your grade list.
Please note that we can only take a scholarship application into consideration if it is complete and meets all of the requirements. The first selection will be made on merit and motivation by a selection committee. G&D Europe receives an anonymous overview of the candidates and makes the final decision. The results will be announced beginning of June.
Deadline: 1 May 2024