As a smart housing platform choice for international students, RoomPlaza meets supply & demand of furnished student flats across the Netherlands with their central locations, top-notch services & facilities and a young, friendly and professional team.
The EUR has agreed on a partnership with RoomPlaza, and we have reserved around 80 flatshare rooms exclusively for our first year International Bachelor or Master students.
The rooms can only be booked for a fixed rental period starting 7 August 2020 until 25 July 2021.
Booking a flat is safe, secure and only takes a matter of minutes. Tenants can book flats on the basis of accurate descriptions, photos and video viewings. And what’s more - as long as your numbers are correct - RoomPlaza offers flats for your entire group. Their Customer Service Team, Booking Managers and Area Managers are available to be contacted on a daily basis, so you can be assured things will run smoothly.
All information you need to register.
Sign up with RoomPlaza to be able to enquire with your flatmates on Monday 18 May 2020 at 9 AM CEST (please keep in mind that due to peak season it might take a couple of days to receive a reply from RoomPlaza).
- Go to www.roomplaza.com for an overview of all apartments. The reserved EUR apartments for first year EUR International Bachelor and Master students are titled “EUR 1st-year apartment”.
- As of 18 May 2020 9 AM CEST you will see all the available accommodation in Rotterdam.
- If you do not have an account yet you should first create one by clicking on “signing up” in the menu.
- Fill in your personal details, email address and click on the save button.
- Afterwards you will be redirected to a webpage and you will be asked to pay a platform fee of € 35,-. This fee is obligated and also non-refundable, but will give you access to our Find-A-Flatmate Tool and handy information about living and studying in the Netherlands.
- After paying the fee, you will receive a confirmation e-mail with your login credentials to make full use of RoomPlaza. Make sure to also check your Spam box if you haven’t received a message within a couple of minutes!
- Use your login credentials to login on RoomPlaza and select partners and click on EUR to search and enquire for an apartment you like.
- If you are still looking for flatmates to rent an apartment with, please click on the ‘’Find a Flatmate’’ button in the top menu and search for 1st year Erasmus international students to form a group with. When you have formed a group, please make an enquiry on the apartment you like.
- If you already have friends or flatmates you would want to rent an apartment with, Please make an enquiry on the apartment you like and make sure that all members pay the platform fee to have your enquiry processed.
- Make sure that the amount of flatmates fits the amount of available rooms in the apartment you are interested in. Mandatory is that your group consists of only 1st year Erasmus international students.
- If the enquiry meets it’s requirements RoomPlaza will invite your group on a first-come first-serve basis to plan in a Skype meeting with a RoomPlaza Bookings Manager. A Skype report will be made and will be send to the landlord to have your group accepted or declined.
- If you have any question regarding the registration at RoomPlaza please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The rent for short stay accommodation for international students is in general always higher than rents Dutch students are paying. This is because you are renting fully furnished accommodation, including several extra services, available upon your arrival.
The rooms currently on offer vary between €500 - €650 per month. Properties are personally certified by the team to ensure the high standard of facilities and other features such as internet. Whilst water, internet and possibly TV-channels are included in the price, the utilities of heating gas and electricity are not.
Although the flats are located throughout town most can be found in City Centre, Kralingen and the Coolhaven/Delfshaven Area - giving you a true, local experience.
The rooms will be almost always be delivered complete, with:
- Self-controlled central heating
- Window covers
- Bed (between 0.90m and 1.40m by 2.00m, for specifics see website) with mattress and cover
- 1 storage drawers
- Wardrobe with shelves and hangers
- Desk with storage compartments and 2 drawers
- An office chair
The communal areas:
- Living room (for specifics see website)
- Bathroom (shower or bath, (separate) toilet, washbasin)
- Kitchen (cooker, cooker hood, combi-microwave, sink, fridge)
- Balcony / garden (if applicable)
All flats are fully furnished. If any problems should arise, the service manager is just a call away. All you need to worry about is getting started with your international adventure. Those students who get their requests in early will snap up the best flatshares & rooms. However either way, RoomPlaza will make sure you find a solid roof to accommodate those exchange experiences.
The rooms at RoomPlaza will be booked based on first come, first serve. Before applying take note that you have to meet the following criteria:
- You are a first year admitted student at the EUR;
- You don’t have the Dutch nationality.