- Thursday 5 Oct 2023, 13:00 - 17:00
- Spoken Language
Q Building (lounge/ ground floor)
There’s a lot of talk around the FAIR principles. But how can you put them into practice for your qualitative data? In this event, organized by Erasmus University, DANS and SURF, we will discuss several projects, tools and techniques to improve the FAIRness of qualitative data in research.
Qualitative data is often underrepresented in the discussion around open and FAIR research. Due to challenges like the sensitive nature of the data, data analysis complexity or ensuring validity and reliability, the degree of reuse in research is limited. More and more, however, solutions and strategies are being developed to circumvent these limitations.
This event aims to help researchers and data stewards working with qualitative data to make their data FAIR and open (where possible). Speakers will share their experiences with making qualitative data reusable and sharing their data, to name a few.
There will be space to discuss shared challenges and how to make progress. Sign up and secure a seat to hear about tools and ways to make your data FAIR.
To be announced. Please check this page regularly for updates.
- Ricarda Braukmann, DANS: Guide for making qualitative data reusable
- Hans Berends, VU: Innovating Methods for Open Science in Qualitative Management Research (OPEN-QUAL) project
- Pedro Hernandéz Serrano, UniMAAS: How to make your data FAIR using Atlas.ti
- Dominique Troost, EUR: A researcher's perspective on the pros and cons of sharing sensitive qualitative data
- Bennett Kleinberg, Tilburg University: Famtafos - Free automated multi-language text anonymization for open science
- Sanneke Stigter, UvA: Oral History – Stories at the Museum around Artwork (OH-SMArt) project
Register here for this event.
Do you have any questions about the event? Please get in touch with Anna Volkova, Coordinating Data Steward EUR.