- Monday 9 Mar 2020, 12:30 - 18:00
- Spoken Language
- Erasmus Pavilion
- Campus Woudestein
- Ticket information
Registration is required, use the button below
In the afternoon of Monday the 9th of March, the new Center for Economics and Mutuality will be officially opened. The Dynamics of Inclusive Prosperity Initiative will become its academic arm in the Netherlands and the Economic Summit will constitute its Business and Economics arm, while Eppo Bruins (Member of the House of Representatives of the Netherlands) has formed a cross-party group of politicians to form its Governance and Public Policy arm. Economics of Mutuality is demonstrating that when a company invests in its communities, people and environmental ecosystem, while measuring and managing performance with non-financial indicators, the value created is superior - including financial performance. This approach promotes a more reciprocal, environmentally-friendly and financially successful economy.
Responsible business practices, which benefit individuals, communities and the environment whilst sharing financial capital, are the core to how business must operate in the 21st century. The Economics of Mutuality, a management theory developed by Dr. Bruno Roche and his team at Mars Catalyst, has demonstrated the strong possibility to achieve this. Case studies done with more than 30 multinational corporations in collaboration with the Oxford University Business School and Mars Catalyst have shown that business can be transformed from what has become an outmoded model into a means to deliver optimum performance for people, planet and profit. In this way, we can also help prepare business for the 4th industrial digital revolution and explore the implications of this for society at large.
During this opening Dr. Bruno Roche will be installed as a Visiting Senior Fellow at the Erasmus Initiative for the Dynamics of Inclusive Prosperity as a part of his participation in the Center for Economics and Mutuality.
The center will aim to do research and develop best practices for SME businesses in the Netherlands and the Benelux region in the coming years. The legislative changes required for businesses to operate in this way will also be investigated.
12.30 - 13.00 Arrival
13.00 - 14.00 Opening of the Plenary
- Ansgar Richter and Suzan Stoter, Deans of the Rotterdam School of Management and Erasmus School of Law
- Arleen Westerhof, Director, Center for Economics and Mutuality and Founder and Executive Director, Economic Summit
- Eppo Bruins, Member of Parliament, Kingdom of the Netherlands
- Martin de Jong, Director of Research, Erasmus Initiative for the Dynamics of Inclusive Prosperity
14.00 - 15.00 Installation of Bruno Roche as Senior Fellow at the Dynamics of Inclusive Prosperity Initiative
- Introduction by Martin de Jong
- Presentation by Bruno Roche, Chief Economist, Mars Inc. and Leader of the Economics of Mutuality Open Platform: The Economics of Mutuality. Resetting Economic and Business Systems
15.00 - 15.30 Coffee/tea break
15.30 - 17.00 Panel discussion: The Economics of Mutuality. Meeting the challenges of European Business and Society
- Bart Snels, Member of Parliament of the Kingdom of the Netherlands
- Marie-Laure Djelic, Dean School of Management and Innovation, Sciences Po
- Tineke Lambooij, Professor of Corporate Law, Nyenrode Business University
- Gina van der Werf, CEO, First Dutch Innovations
- Simon Braaksma, Senior Director, Group Sustainability, Royal Philips NV
17.00 - 18.00 Drinks and reception