Why study Master Financial Economics
Does the world of finance attract you like no other? Do you aim for a career in private equity, corporate finance, banking, or asset management? The Financial Economics specialisation covers it all.
In one of the three tracks - Corporate Finance, Investments, or International Finance - you will acquire deep and systematic knowledge of the driving forces behind companies, markets, and economies. You learn to analyse and explain complex financial and business problems, including setting up and executing a scientifically sound research project based on a financial problem of your own choice. In the process, you learn how to effectively communicate and how to be critical, self-directed, and original in your approach.
Is this the right choice for you?
Are you highly motivated to be trained in financial economics? Do you have sufficient prior knowledge of economics and finance and mathematical skills? Then this specialisation brings the challenges you seek with the best advanced education.
Students that fit in well in this Master programme
- Are ambitious to learn the state of the art of modern finance
- Are comfortable with quantitative approaches, want to apply new techniques and are eager to solve real-life financial problems
- Are assertive and interested in discussing business cases and get acquainted with practice.
Why study Financial Economics in Rotterdam?
This programme is both challenging and rewarding. The programme is in a high demand; nevertheless the largest part of it is taught in small groups providing high-quality education and practical experience in a small-scale setting. We also offer you a large variety of topics in financial economics. The Financial Economics programme attracts students from around the world for a great number of reasons. Which one triggers you the most? Is it our renowned experience-based teaching methods? Our close connections to the international business world? The excellent job perspectives and alumni in top financial positions? Or maybe the fascinating guest lectures, company visits, and inspiring study trips?
Study this programme for:
- Excellent national and international job prospects
- Deep understanding and solid knowledge of financial economics
- Ability to specialize due to a great variety of courses
- The skills to take on real-life financial economic challenges
- An integrative and personal approach in practice-based courses
- A vast, active, and relevant network.