Do you aim for a career in private equity, corporate finance, banking, or asset management? The Financial Economics specialisation covers it all.
In one of the three tracks - Corporate Finance, Investments, or Financial Innovation - you will acquire deep and systematic knowledge of the driving forces behind companies, markets, and economies. You learn to analyse and explain complex financial and business problems, including setting up and executing a scientifically sound research project based on a financial problem of your own choice. In the process, you learn how to effectively communicate and how to be critical, self-directed, and original in your approach.
Virtual information session
Find out more about this programme.
Is this the right choice for you?
Students that fit in well in this Master programme
- Are ambitious to learn the state of the art of modern finance
- Are comfortable with quantitative approaches, want to apply new techniques and are eager to solve real-life financial problems
- Are assertive and interested in discussing business cases and get acquainted with practice.
Why study Financial Economics in Rotterdam?
This programme is both challenging and rewarding. The programme is in high demand; nevertheless, the largest part of it is taught in small groups providing high-quality education and practical experience in a small-scale setting. We also offer you a large variety of topics in financial economics. The Financial Economics programme attracts students from around the world for a great number of reasons. Which one triggers you the most? Is it our renowned experience-based teaching methods? Our close connections to the international business world? The excellent job perspectives and alumni in top financial positions? Or maybe the fascinating guest lectures, company visits, and inspiring study trips?
Study this programme for:
- Excellent national and international job prospects
- Deep understanding and solid knowledge of financial economics
- Ability to specialize due to a great variety of courses
- The skills to take on real-life financial economic challenges
- An integrative and personal approach in practice-based courses
- A vast, active, and relevant network.
With the skills that I learned during my Master, I have been able to help large fortune 500 companies to improve their business operations in Mexico