Career opportunities for Master Global Business & Sustainability
Graduates of this programme possess the analytical, interdisciplinary and problem solving skills that are in high demand, from the largest global corporations to governmental and non-governmental organisations. Positions held by recent graduates include: business analyst, management consultant, portfolio manager, organisational development advisor, entrepreneur, corporate communications manager, policymaker and non-profit manager.
Positions held by some of our graduates:
- Corporate communications manager; manager of external relations
- International manager: managing relationships with international governmental authorities, estimating risk profiles for country investments, entry strategies, lobbying strategies and tax regimes
- Portfolio manager in public utilities corporations (water, energy)
- Product development: design and testing of new trademarks
- Entrepreneur: a number of graduates have set up their own business and/or NGO
- Journalist: investigative journalist at a number of international and national journals
- Controller/auditor in large multinational enterprise such as Akzo, DSM, or Shell checking for correct implementation of codes and governance principles
- Ethical investor: jobs at the largest institutional investors like PGGM or Robeco that are looking at ‘responsible investment’
- CSR manager or ethics officer
- Consultant in a variety of areas: privatisation, public-private partnerships, development co-operation, ethical trading, forensic accounting and integrity.
- Policymaker for local and national ministries; Economic Affairs, Foreign Affairs; Port of Rotterdam, provincial authorities; international organisations (Unctad, European Union, World Bank).
- Regulator: Researching in support of a variety of regulatory bodies in financial markets, telecommunication, competition policy, food safety and security.
- Professional manager in non-profit organisations such as Greenpeace, Amnesty International, labour organisations, Oxfam, Fair Trade organisations and the Red Cross.
Read more about: Career opportunities Master in Global Business & Sustainability