Admission requirements for Master Health Care Management
In order to be admitted to the master Health Care Management, you must have successfully completed a relevant university bachelor's or master's degree and be able to demonstrate this with a diploma from the relevant educational institution. In addition, you must be able to demonstrate proof of English proficiency (full-time programme) and Dutch (part-time programme) and demonstrate that you have the required mathematics level.
Students must have successfully completed a bachelor's degree or a master's degree in a relevant field at a recognised university.
Those who have obtained a Dutch Bachelor or Master of Science degree in:
- Business administration
- European Public Health, with at least one relevant course on healthcare management
- Health Sciences, with at least one relevant course on healthcare management
- Human Health and Life Sciences, with at least one relevant course on healthcare management
- (Business) Economics, with at least one relevant course on healthcare management
- Public administration, with at least one relevant course on healthcare management
- Medical Informatics, with at least one relevant course on healthcare management
Or those students with a bachelor’s or master’s degree obtained at a non-Dutch university related to one of the main disciplines:
- Health Sciences
All non-Dutch diplomas will be assessed by the admissions office and/or Nuffic. All Dutch and non-Dutch diplomas and applications will be assessed individually by the admissions committee, which will determine whether students are eligible for the master.
Please note that students holding a bachelor's degree from a university of applied sciences do not qualify for the master's in Health Care Management and will not be accepted. We do offer a pre-master in Dutch.
A sufficient command of the English language is necessary for admission to the full-time variant of the master’s in Healthcare Management. This admission requirement does not apply to the part-time variant.
Proof of proficiency in English must be presented by submitting the results from either:
Equivalent B.2 CEFR
Level Statement of Language & Training Centre Erasmus University (English intake test, valid for 1 year)
A minimum score of 6,5
iBT TOEFL (valid for 2 years) or iBT Special Home EditionOpens external
A minimum score of 90
Cambridge First Certificate (FCE)
Grade A and B
Cambridge Advanced (CAE)
Only with an additional speaking test (C1 of C2 level)
International Baccalaureate "English A: Language & Literature higher level" received in the Netherlands
Exemption from the requirements is granted to those who:
- hold the nationality of one of the following countries: Australia, Canada (with the exception of Quebec), Ireland, New Zealand, UK or the USA, or
- completed a bachelor or master's programme at a Dutch university (of applied sciences), or
- completed the ESHPM pre-master programme, or
- completed a university bachelor’s or master’s programme fully taught in English in one of the following countries: The Netherlands, Australia, Canada (with the exception of Quebec), Ireland, New Zealand, the UK, or the USA.
Proficiency in Mathematics
You are admissible to the master's in Healthcare Management if you can demonstrate that you have the required mathematics level. This is demonstrable with:
- a VWO diploma with Mathematics A, B, C or comparable or
- methods and techniques from your previous education, to be assessed by the admissions committee or
- a VWO mathematics certificate, to be assessed by the admission committee