Enter the world of science with FameLab
FameLab aims to discover charismatic, up-and-coming scientists who inspire people to see the world from a new perspective in just three minutes.
Since its birth at the Cheltenham Science Festival in 2005, FameLab has grown into the world’s leading science communication competition with more than 5,000 young scientists and engineers participating in over 27 different countries.
Communicating science accessibly and attractively is an ever-growing priority for researchers worldwide. FameLab helps young scientists acquire valuable skills to communicate their work to non-scientific audiences. By doing so, not only do they challenge common stereotypes of scientists, but also help to justify public funding for their research.
During six heats throughout the Netherlands, they get to share their passion for science. Eventually 12 winners will compete against each other at the National Final at TivoliVredenburg in Utrecht. Curious to know who will be crowned winner of FameLab Netherlands 2017? Reserve your seat here.
FameLab Netherlands is organised by the British Council in partnership with our national partners: KNAW and VSNU. The regional heats are organised by our regional partners: University of Groningen / Science LinX, Leiden University, Erasmus MC, Wageningen University and Research Centre, Utrecht University, University of Amsterdam / AMC. The International Final is co-produced by Cheltenham Science Festivals and the British Council.
Meet the Candidates:
- Anne De Pagter Fellow, Pediatric Haematology – Pediatrics
- Helen Gosselt PhD Student, Clinical Chemistry
- Tamara Hoppenbrouwers PhD Student, Plastic Surgery
- Wendy Kaman Post-Doctoral Researcher, MMI
- Eric Meester PhD Candidate, Cardiology
- Tim Mulder PhD Candidate, Radiotherapy
- Roberto Narcisi Senior Scientist, Orthopaedic Surgery
- Eline van der Valk PhD Candidate/Research Physician, Internal Medicine
- Suzanne Verhaegh Post-Doctoral Researcher, MMIZ
Chairs of the Jury
- Hans van Leeuwen, Professor and Head of the department Research and Education Erasmus MC
- Irene Mathijssen, Head of the Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Erasmus MC
- Mireille Spapens, Head of the Department of Marketing and Communications, Erasmus MC
- Thijs Spigt , Director, Technology Transfer Office (TTO), Erasmus MC
If you liked this article, you might also be interested in: