Autumn Academy Cultural Entrepreneurship & Leadership offers an online mixture of lectures and workshops on cultural entrepreneurship and leadership. The main topics to be covered are cultural heritage, cultural tourism, performing arts, museums, fashion and European subsidies. Participants will be asked to develop their own project, based on the challenges from their country. The main goal of the academy is to empower students and practitioners in the cultural sector with cultural leadership and entrepreneurial tools in European countries in transition (former socialistic countries).
ESHCC’s dr. Frans Brouwer will moderate the Autumn Academy and there will be contributions from ESHCC Cultural Economics & Entrepreneurship lectures prof. dr. Arjo Klamer, dr. Anna Mignosa, dr. Trilce Navarrete Hernandez and prof. dr. Ben Wubs.
The main domains to be covered:
- Which are the similarities and differences in cultural entrepreneurship and leadership between European transition countries and Western European countries?
- Which economic concepts can be applied in practice in order to foster the cultural sector in terms of entrepreneurship and leadership?
- How can we apply our inspiration, knowledge and experience to common practices in transition countries as well as between East and West in terms of entrepreneurship and leadership?
Why should you attend this workshop?
- exercise with innovation, creativity and other entrepreneurial tools through your own project development and your colleagues’/fellow-students’ projects
- knowledge transfer: learn from each other’s’ knowledge, experiences and insights
- extension of your entrepreneurial and leadership tools in a European context
What is the programme?
- Day 1 (12 November)
Setting, Concepts & Entrepreneurship
- Day 2 (13 November)
Leadership & Research on Cultural Industries
- Day 3 (19 November)
Best entrepreneurial practices in museums, cultural heritage and tourism, performing arts, fashion and urban development
- Day 4 (20 November)
Inspiration & Subsidies
- Day 5 (26 November)
Cultural Policy & Governance
- Day 6 (27 November)
Final Presentations of the Projects
For whom is this programme suited?
- Staff members of museums, galleries, theatres, concert halls, festivals, performing companies, small and medium sized enterprises in the cultural industries
- Experts in the fields of cultural heritage, cultural tourism, urban development, fashion, architecture etc.
- Individuals and (self-employed) freelancers who work in the cultural sector
- Master students in the field of culture
Do you want to apply?
The maximum number of participants is 28. Based on the information provided in the application form, a committee of two faculty members will select the participants. This selection strives for a diversified group of participants (cultural sector, experience, country). The application form should be submitted before 29 October, 2021. The selection of participants will be finished two weeks later.
Price for professionals 366 EUR incl. VAT
Price for students 305 EUR incl. VAT
You can apply using the following link: cpoef.si/en/open-programs/autumn-academy-cultural-entrepreneurship-leadership/