Five students from Erasmus University Rotterdam are taking part in the Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro. They are hockey players Seve van Ass, Marloes Keetels and Larissa Meijer, track cyclist Joost van der Burg and horse rider Merel Blom. Recently, the Dutch team for the Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro was introduced.
Five students and two alumni from Erasmus University are off to the Olympic Games, which start on 5 August:
- Seve van Ass: hockey player, Hockeyclub Rotterdam, student Business Administration
- Merel Blom: equestrian sport, Team Eventing, student Dutch and Fiscal law
- Joost van der Burg: track cycling team pursuit, student Fiscal Economics
- Marloes Keetels: ladies hockey, national champion with Den Bosch, student Business Administration
- Larissa Meijer: reserve keeper ladies hockey, student Health Care Management
Of the alumni, rowers Maaike Head and Mitchel Steenman (both Skadi) are going to Rio de Janeiro.
Top sport at Erasmus University
Through Erasmus Topsport, Erasmus University offers support to top athletes in terms of facilities and combining training with studying. For students with a top sport status, faculties, study advisors and tutors discuss how the study programme can best be combined with the sports agenda. Over 95 top athletes are enrolled with Erasmus Topsport.