Current facets (Pre-Master)
ISS researcher Shyamika Jayasundara-Smits joins two research consortia
ISS research associate Dr. Shyamika Jayasundara-Smits has joined an international consortium that seeks to enhance the capabilities of the EU for implementing conflict prevention and peace building interventions through sustainable, comprehensive and innovative civilian means.
Entitled Whole of Society Conflict Prevention and Peacebuilding (WOSCAP), the project is funded by The European Union under its Horizon2020 Programme.
This project runs from June 2015 – December 2017. The total budget is Euro 2 million. More details www.woscap.eu
- Berghof Foundation –Germany,
- Global Partnership for the Prevention of Armed Conflict (GPPAC)-Netherlands
- Escola Cultura de Pau
- Barcelona Autonomous University-Spain
- Institute for Research and Education on Negotiation (IRENE)
- ESSEC Business School-France
- Institute of World Policy - Ukraine
- London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) - UK
- Political Development Forum - Yemen
- Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University - Georgia
- Université des Sciences Juridiques et Politiques de Bamako - Mali
- Utrecht University
Sri Lanka and the private sector
Shyamika Jayasundara-Smits has also joined an international research consortium as a researcher for a research project titled Working towards creative partnerships-New forms of engagement with the Sri Lankan diaspora and international and national private sector for post-war development, reconciliation and sustainable peace.
This project is funded by the Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs with a budget of Euro 400,000. It runs from December 2015 to December 2018.