Resistance, alternative regionalism and decoloniality
Rosalba Icaza gave inaugural lecture at the Metaphysics for Millenials event at Delft University.
On 1 November 2017, ISS senior lecturer Rosalba Icaza gave the inaugural lecture at the TUDelft architecture theory group “Metaphysics for Millenials” on her work on resistance, alternative regionalism and decoloniality.
The event considered such questions as:
- What are the strategies for development?
- Where does the power to act come from in the first place?
- What are the scopes of change and the roles of local actors?
- How does change or resistance find and support a resistant place?
- What is the role of academic research in sustaining or impeding the conditions that can support and maintain ‘dignities in autonomy’?
- How can academic research include and address intersecting global crises towards ‘appropriate development’ beyond development?