Team SG's Netflix Tips
Totally lost on what to watch next on Netflix? Let Team Studium Generale inspire you with our 10 personal favourites. Hope you enjoy watching them.
In no particular order:
- Gone Girl: with his wife's disappearance having become the focus of an intense media circus, a man sees the spotlight turned on him when it's suspected that he may not be innocent.
- The End of the F***cking World: misanthropy and humor pair perfectly in this romantically nihilistic show that proves that falling in love can feel like The End of the F***ing World.
- The Square: a provocative art-world satire full of anxious laughs and honest gasps. And a strange discomfort for the people watching it.
- The Crown: we can’t get enough of royals and their scandals, and it provides us also with a nice lesson in British history
- Anna and the Apocalypse: sometimes you just want to sing a song and kill zombies. A sort of High School Musical meets The Walking Dead
- Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind: don’t we all wish to have the chance to completely erase our failed romance(s) with all the sorrow from our memory?
- Blade Runner 2049: watch this futuristic film on your largest screen with a good sound-system for the ultimate mindfulness experience
- The Reader: drama film that focusses on the German generation after the Second World War and how they deal with their roles as bystanders of nazi horrors
- Narcos: impressive series about the hunt for drugs lord Pablo Escobar and his Medellin cartel
- Midnight Diner-Tokyo Stories: the ultimate comfort-TV; human interest and food, bases on a Japanese Manga with recipes to try at home
And because we couldn’t really stick to ten, here's a couple more:
- Call me by your name