Vacancy | Postdoctoral researcher
Preferably available from 15 October 2016 to strengthen research capacity in our research strand on ‘Advancing Public Interests in International and European law’ within our Research Agenda ‘International & European Law as a Source of Trust in a Hyper-connected world’. Deadline for the submission of the application is 12 September 2016, 12.00 hours CET.
The institute invites applications for a Full-time Postdoctoral researcher (38 hours per week).
Preferably available from 15 October 2016 to strengthen research capacity in our research strand on ‘Advancing Public Interests in International and European law’ within our Research Agenda ‘International & European Law as a Source of Trust in a Hyper-connected world’.
As an early-career researcher you are expected to:
▪ develop and execute high-level research projects independently;
▪ publish in the top international journals;
▪ participate in international seminars and conferences;
▪ coordinate development and execution of research projects in collaboration with other Asser researchers;
▪ have an active interest in other work in the research group and enjoy contributing to the Asser research community;
▪ contribute to Asser’s knowledge dissemination activities;
▪ contribute to ‘third stream money’ funded research projects and their acquisition.
Candidates are expected to meet the following requirements:▪ a completed PhD in International or European Law or socio-legal studies awarded by the deadline for applications;
▪ a demonstrated track record of academic publications;
▪ a specific interest in the role of private actors in transnational law will be an advantage;
▪ to be enthusiastic about contributing to a stimulating and motivating research community;
▪ strong and relevant international network;
▪ fluency in English; preferably knowledge of Dutch or another foreign language;
▪ demonstrable organisational and communicative skills;
▪ willing to compete to attract external funding for research projects;
▪ to be able to network efficiently and use social media effectively;
▪ to be able to work under pressure, meet deadlines;
▪ quality-oriented, conscientious, cooperative and creative, result orientated.
This appointment will be originally for the period of one year. Extension of the appointment is subject to satisfactory performance after the first year.
Salary scale: 11 according to the collective labour agreement of the Dutch Universities (VSNU). Remuneration depends on the actual level of education, experience and knowledge with a maximum of € 4.654,- gross per month based on a full time equivalent (38 hours). Secondary benefits at Dutch universities are attractive and include 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% year-end allowance.
Please submit your current CV, a cover letter in which you explain your motivation, a written piece of max. 25 pages (e.g. a published paper), two letters of recommendation in pdf, and a short research proposal (2000 words max), which sets out questions you would like to investigate in the context of our research framework and linked to the particular research-strand mentioned, locates these in the relevant literature and indicates the method you intend to use to answer the research questions indicated.
Further information can be obtained from Prof. Janne Nijman, Academic Director of the T.M.C. Asser Instituut (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Your application, which will comprise all of the above, must be submitted in English to Mr Julien Simon Head of the HRM Department (e-mail: email@example.com).
Deadline for the submission of the application is 12 September 2016, 12.00 hours CET.
Acquisition for this job offer is not appreciated.