Anne Margriet Pot, is endowed professor at the Erasmus School of Health Policy and Management in Rotterdam, and strategic advisor Long-Term Care at the Health and Youth Care Inspectorate, Ministry of Health, the Netherlands. In addition, she is extraordinary professor at Optentia, North West University, Johannesburg, South Africa and President-elect of the International Psychogeriatric Association.
For over the past 30 years, she has dedicated her work on improving the quality of long-term care, for older people in particular. Her peer-reviewed scientific publications include the measurement and monitoring of the quality of care and quality of life of older people and their carers, and the development of innovative interventions to improve their mental health and well-being, often with the use of technology. Related to her position at the World Health Organization (2014-2018), her scientific work also includes publications on global long-term care policy.
Currently, at ESHPM, she is setting up a research programme in the field of regulation on person-centred and integrated long-term care, with a specific focus on the use of narrative methods.
Here you find a selection of publications. For a full CV and list of output, also including the Dutch Manual on Geropsychology (Handboek Ouderenpsychologie) and other publications (over 235), see my website: www.annemargrietpot.nl.
Erasmus School of Health Policy & Management
- Burg. Oudlaan 50, Rotterdam
- Anne Margriet Pot, Josje Kok, Linda J Schoonmade & Roland A Bal (2023) - Regulation of long-term care for older persons: a scoping review of empirical research - International Psychogeriatrics, 1-17 - doi: 10.1017/S1041610223000704 - [link]
- Katya Y J Sion, Marjolijn Heerings, Marije Blok, Aukelien Scheffelaar, Josanne Huijg, Gerben Westerhof, Anne Margriet Pot, Katrien Luijkx & Jan P H Hamers (2023) - How stories can contribute towards quality improvement in long-term care - The Gerontologist - doi: 10.1093/geront/gnad084
- Ying Yu, Lily Xiao, Shahid Ullah, Claudia Meyer, Jing Wang & Anne Margriet Pot (2023) - The Experiences of Informal Caregivers of People With Dementia in Web-Based Psychoeducation Programs: Systematic Review and Metasynthesis - JMIR Aging, 6 - doi: 10.2196/47152
- Anne Margriet Pot, Kiran Rabheru & Mabel Chew (2023) - Person-centred long-term care for older persons: a new Lancet Commission - Lancet (London, England), 401 (10390), 1754-1755 - doi: 10.1016/S0140-6736(23)00920-0 - [link]
- Flora Palimetaki, Karlijn Woutersen & Anne Margriet Pot (2023) - Correlations between care users' and the healthcare inspectorate's ratings of the quality of care in long-term care homes - BMJ Open Quality, 12 (1) - doi: 10.1136/bmjoq-2022-001897 - [link]
- Ying Yu, Lily Xiao, Shahid Ullah, Claudia Meyer, Jing Wang, Ann Margriet Pot & Jin Jie He (2023) - The effectiveness of internet-based psychoeducation programs for caregivers of people living with dementia: a systematic review and meta-analysis - Aging and Mental Health, 27 (10), 1895-1911 - doi: 10.1080/13607863.2023.2190082 - [link]
- Mircha Poldrugovac, Anne Margriet Pot, Niek Klazinga & Dionne Kringos (2023) - How are regulatory oversight organisations using long-term care performance indicators: a qualitative descriptive study in 10 high-income countries - BMJ Open, 13 (2) - doi: 10.1136/bmjopen-2022-067495 - [link]
- Anne Margriet Pot, Déborah Oliveira & Jaco Hoffman (2022) - Towards healthy ageing in China: shaping person-centred long-term care - Lancet (London, England), 400 (10367), 1905-1906 - doi: 10.1016/S0140-6736(22)02361-3 - [link]
- Nereide Alhena Curreri, Louise McCabe, Jane Robertson, Isabella Aboderin, Anne Margriet Pot & Norah Keating (2022) - Family beliefs about care for older people in Central, East, Southern and West Africa and Latin America - International Journal of Care and Caring, 7 (2), 343-363 - doi: 10.1332/239788221x16686052128058 - [link]
- Harleen Kaur Rai, David Kernaghan, Linda Schoonmade, Kieren Egan & Anne Margriet Pot (2022) - Digital Technologies to Prevent Social Isolation and Loneliness in Dementia: A Systematic Review - Journal of Alzheimer's disease : JAD, 90 (2), 513-528 - doi: 10.3233/JAD-220438
- Ian P. Leistikow, Anne Margriet Pot & Roland Bal (2022) - Value Driven Regulation and the role of inspections. Commentary to: Hovlid E, Husabo G, Teig IL, Halvorsen K, Frich JC. Contextual factors of external inspections and mechanisms for improvement in healthcare organizations: A realist evaluation. Soc Sci Med 2022 Apr;298:114872 - Social Science and Medicine, 308 - doi: 10.1016/j.socscimed.2022.115170 - [link]
- Marleen Prins, Bernadette Willemse, Claudia van der Velden, Anne Margriet Pot & Henriëtte van der Roest (2021) - Involvement, worries and loneliness of family caregivers of people with dementia during the COVID-19 visitor ban in long-term care facilities - Geriatric Nursing, 42 (6), 1474-1480 - doi: 10.1016/j.gerinurse.2021.10.002 - [link]
- Lily D. Xiao, Sue McKechnie, Lesley Jeffers, Anita De Bellis, Elizabeth Beattie, Lee Fay Low, Brian Draper, Petrea Messent & Anne Margriet Pot (2021) - Stakeholders’ perspectives on adapting the World Health Organization iSupport for Dementia in Australia - Dementia, 20 (5), 1536-1552 - doi: 10.1177/1471301220954675 - [link]
- Upasana Baruah, Santosh Loganathan, Prafulla Shivakumar, Anne Margriet Pot, Kala M. Mehta, Dolores Gallagher-Thompson, Tarun Dua & Mathew Varghese (2021) - Adaptation of an online training and support program for caregivers of people with dementia to Indian cultural setting - Asian Journal of Psychiatry, 59, 102624 - doi: 10.1016/j.ajp.2021.102624 - [link]
- Nienke van Wezel, Iris van der Heide, Walter L.J.M. Devillé, Gozde Duran, Rianne Hoopman, Marco M. Blom, Anne Margriet Pot, Peter Spreeuwenberg & Anneke L. Francke (2021) - The Turkish version of the SPPIC validated among informal caregivers with a Turkish immigrant background - BMC Geriatrics, 21 (1) - doi: 10.1186/s12877-021-02161-6 - [link]
- Upasana Baruah, Mathew Varghese, Santosh Loganathan, Kala M. Mehta, Dolores Gallagher-Thompson, Diana Zandi, Tarun Dua & Anne Margriet Pot (2021) - Feasibility and preliminary effectiveness of an online training and support program for caregivers of people with dementia in India: a randomized controlled trial - International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry, 36 (4), 606-617 - doi: 10.1002/gps.5502 - [link]
- Upasana Baruah, Prafulla Shivakumar, Santosh Loganathan, Anne Margriet Pot, Kala M. Mehta, Dolores Gallagher-Thompson, Tarun Dua & Mathew Varghese (2020) - Perspectives on Components of an Online Training and Support Program for Dementia Family Caregivers in India: A Focus Group Study - Clinical Gerontologist, 43 (5), 518-532 - doi: 10.1080/07317115.2020.1725703 - [link]
- Marleen Prins, Marjolein Veerbeek, Bernadette M. Willemse & Anne Margriet Pot (2020) - Use and impact of the Alzheimer Experience: a free online media production to raise public awareness and enhance knowledge and understanding of dementia - Aging and Mental Health, 24 (6), 985-992 - doi: 10.1080/13607863.2019.1579781 - [link]