Michel Lander is the Dean of Education for the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM).
His research interests include organizational theory, the influence of organizational design on objective functions, Professional Service Firms and trust in M&As.
Prof. Lander’s research has been published in several academic journals including the Academy of Management Journal, ?Journal of Management Studies, Accounting Organizations and Society, Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Human Relations, Organization Studies and Journal of Professions and Organization.
He received his Ph.D. from the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University in 2012 (Cum Laude) for his dissertation, Profits or Professionalism: On Designing Professional Service Firms. He also holds a MSc in Business Administration, a MSc in International Business Administration, and a MPhil from RSM.
Prior to joining RSM as Dean of Education, he worked at HEC Paris where he served as the academic director of CEMS HEC and taught in the M1 and M2 and PhD. programmes.
Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University
- Burg. Oudlaan 50, Rotterdam
- Kevyn Yong, Pier Vittorio Mannucci & Michel W. Lander (2020) - Fostering creativity across countries: The moderating effect of cultural bundles on creativity - Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, 157, 1-45 - doi: 10.1016/j.obhdp.2019.12.004 - [link]
- Florian Hoos, Jorien Louise Pruijssers & Michel W. Lander (2019) - Who’s Watching? Accountability in Different Audit Regimes and the Effects on Auditors’ Professional Skepticism - Journal of Business Ethics, 156 (2), 563-575 - doi: 10.1007/s10551-017-3603-6 - [link]
- Todor Stefan Lohwasser, Dominik P. Wagner, Marc van Essen, Michel William Lander & Valentina Marano (2019) - Do institutions matter for the relationship between diversification and performance? A meta-analysis - doi: 10.5465/AMBPP.2019.82 - [link]
- Michel Lander, Hans Oosterhout, Pursey Heugens & Jorien Pruijssers (2018) - Career stage dependent effects of law firm governance: A multilevel study of professional-client misconduct - Human Relations, 72 (9), 1497-1529 - doi: 10.1177/0018726718796157 - [link]
- Jiachen Yang & Michel W. Lander (2018) - Bearers of (Good) news: The impact of business news reports on acquirer short-term performance - Advances in Mergers and Acquisitions, 95-117 - doi: 10.1108/S1479-361X20180000017005 - [link]
- Michel Lander, Pursey Heugens & Hans van Oosterhout (2017) - Towards an integrated framework of professional partnership performance: The role of formal governance and strategic planning - Human Relations, 70 (4), 1-27 - doi: 10.1177/0018726717700697 - [link]
- Michel Lander & Pursey Heugens (2017) - Better together: Using meta-analysis to explore complementarities between ecological and institutional theories of organization - Organization Studies, 38 (11), 1573-1601 - doi: 10.1177/0170840616677629 - [link]
- Michel Lander, Pursey Heugens & Hans van Oosterhout (2017) - Drift or alignment? A configurational analysis of law firms’ ability to combine profitability with professionalism - Journal of Professions and Organization, 4 (2), 123-148 - doi: 10.1093/jpo/jow011
- Peter Jan Engelen, Michel W. Lander & Marc van Essen (2016) - What determines crime rates? An empirical test of integrated economic and sociological theories of criminal behavior - Social Science Journal, 53 (2), 247-262 - doi: 10.1016/j.soscij.2015.09.001 - [link]
- Michel W. Lander & Linda Kooning (2013) - Boarding the Aircraft: Trust Development Amongst Negotiators of a Complex Merger - Journal of Management Studies, 50 (1), 1-30 - doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6486.2012.01084.x - [link]