Pieter Vandekerckhove is a PhD candidate at Erasmus School of Health Policy and Management. Pieter conducts research about participatory design (co-design) to develop eHealth and health services innovations. He focuses on improving care for adolescents and young adults with cancer. Pieter explores the role of epistemology, the theory of knowledge development, to develop a theory of participatory design to innovate effectively in healthcare.
Pieter also developed philosophy tools for young adults with cancer and care professionals to improve, see mor information at: care www.addperspective.com . His future research will aim to develop these tools further by using participatory design. Please contact Pieter if you have any questions or suggestions.
Erasmus School of Health Policy & Management
- Burg. Oudlaan 50, Rotterdam
- Pieter Vandekerckhove (2023) - Stakeholder involvement in generative co-design for digital health
- Pieter Vandekerckhove, Job Timmermans, Antoinette de Bont & Marleen de Mul (2023) - Diversity in Stakeholder Groups in Generative Co-design for Digital Health: Assembly Procedure and Preliminary Assessment - JMIR Human Factors, 10 - doi: 10.2196/38350 - [link]
- Pieter Vandekerckhove, Marleen de Mul, Lisanne de Groot, Henk W. Elzevier, Barbara Fabels, Soemeya Haj Mohammad, Olga Husson, Julian Noij, Sophia H.E. Sleeman, Danielle Verbeek, Ines von Rosenstiel, Antoinette A. de Bont & Eveliene Manten-Horst (2021) - Lessons for employing participatory design when developing care for young people with cancer: A qualitative multiple-case study - Journal of Adolescent and Young Adult Oncology, 10 (4), 404-417 - doi: 10.1089/jayao.2020.0098 - [link]
- Pieter Vandekerckhove, Marleen de Mul, WM (Wichor) Bramer & Antoinette de Bont (2020) - Generative Participatory Design Methodology to Develop Electronic Health Interventions: Systematic Literature Review - Journal of Medical Internet Research, 22 (4) - doi: 10.2196/13780 - [link]
- Pieter Vandekerckhove, Y Dr. Vandekerckhove, R Tavernier, K De Jaegher & Marleen Mul (2020) - Leveraging user experience to improve video consultations in a cardiology practice: initial insights during COVID-19 - Journal of Medical Internet Research, 22 (6) - doi: 10.2196/19771 - [link]
- Pieter Vandekerckhove, B Van Damme & L Annemans (2019) - How will the welfare state cope with welfare diseases such as NASH? - Acta Gastro-Enterologica Belgica, 82 (4) - [link]