These website pages are intended to familiarise PhD candidates with everything they need to know about defending their PhD thesis at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
You will find information about the admission requirements, the PhD defence procedure, the thesis, preparations for the defence ceremony and the day of the PhD defence. If you have any questions you can contact the Beadle’s Office.
From Monday 30 August 2021 until 20 September 2021, the following guidelines apply;
- PhD ceremonies (as well as inaugural lectures and valedictory speeches) are regarded as educational activities;
- These are subject to a maximum of 75 persons per lecturing room;
- Also the number of committee members is no longer limited;
- Receptions are possible, further information is available from the caterer;
- Wearing a mouth mask is mandatory when moving around;
- The one and a half meter rule does not apply anymore;
- There is no obligation to show a negative test or vaccination certificate.
With the presence of such numbers of people in our promotion halls, it is not possible to maintain a distance of one and a half meters. This also applies to the committee rooms. If people wish to follow the ceremony online, this remains possible. We will continue to offer live stream and Zoom.
Are you not a PhD candidate yet, but considering to pursue a PhD at Erasmus University Rotterdam? Read more about our vacancies and facilities for PhD students.
Press attention for your PhD thesis?
Contact the Beadle's Office
Visiting address: Woudestein - room A1-05 (near the Senaatszaal)
Visiting times: Monday through Friday between 9.30 hrs and 13.00 hrs (or by appointment)
For promovendi at Erasmus University Rotterdam and Erasmus MC