The Education Lab will be the beating heart of the Community for Learning & Innovation. The lab will be realised in the Polak building and will provide a state-of-the-art studio for online education. Furthermore, it will be the meeting spot for both lecturers and students as well as support staff who wish to collaborate in educational innovation. Workshops and inspirational sessions will be organised there frequently.
The Education Lab will get various functions, that make it possible to attune the use of the lab to the need of the community.
Inside of the lab:
- Various flexible working spaces that can be used for small meetings (up to ten people), whiteboard sessions, and didactic training;
- An event platform that can be used for activities up to fifty people;
- Information screens on the outer walls of the recording studio, for example to show information about upcoming events;
- Multiple informal meeting places.
In the studio-area:
- A large recording studio that can be used for recording with and without an audience. For example the recording of knowledge clips, the production of MOOCS, the recording of small-scale talk shows with the possibility of a live connection, and hosting podcasts;
- Two do-it-yourself booths for recording autonomously;
- Directing space;
- Editing space;
- Make-up space.
How to use the lab
Are you a lecturer or student working on innovating your education? Or do you want to share your ideas an experiences with those who are interested? The facilities of the Education Lab are at your disposal as of November 13th 2018!
Get in touch with the Learning Innovation contact of your faculty for more information. You can find their contact information at the bottom of our MyEUR page.