Our mission is to create positive social impact. We strive to understand contemporary, complex societal challenges and to contribute to their solution through our education and research. We do this in close collaboration with our external partners both locally and globally.
Our mission serves as our compass: it helps focus our attention, inspires us in our daily activities, and provides direction when we face strategic choices - as a university, as individual faculty or institute, as a department.
We have defined seven priorities that will guide the implementation of our mission through 2024:
- Fostering our societal impact identity
- Ensuring our education is future-oriented
- Embedding excellent academic research in society
- Taking responsibility on sustainable development
- Investing in our people for the future
- Stepping up our professional services
- Making the most of our interdisciplinary potential