Students that wish to graduate, or students that wish to end their enrolment prematurely, must terminate their enrolment in a programme at EUR. This termination does not occur automatically and must be done manually.
Enrolment is always terminated on the first day of the month following the month in which the request was submitted through Studielink. In the event of graduation, termination will take effect on the first day of the month following the month in which graduation took place.
Please note; It is not possible to terminate enrollment with retroactive effect.
This page gives an overview of the steps you must undertake to fulfill your termination of enrollment, as well as directing you to more information.
Why should I terminate enrolment?
Staying enrolled for an unnecessarily long time can cause a number of problems:
- you have to repay your student public transport chip card;
- you have to keep paying tuition fees even though you have already finished you studies;
- you have to repay student grants, and;
- you will run up a study delay even though this is in fact not the case.
To terminate your enrolment and to avoid the problems stated above you should complete the two steps outlined below. Doing this can even be done on a smartphone and can be completed within just a few minutes. As you can see, termination of enrolment takes place via Studielink and the Education Executive Agency (DUO, Dienst Uitvoering Onderwijs). Once you've completed the two steps EUR is informed of your termination of enrolment automatically.
- Click here to terminate your enrolment in Studielink.
Log in and go to “My Programmes”. Click the cross next to the enrolment that you wish to remove. The “Request to terminate enrolment” form will then appear. Fill it in and click “Confirm”.
- Click here to terminate your enrolment in DUO.
Keep in mind: There will be no reimbursement if the request is to cancel enrolment effective 1 July or 1 August. If your graduation date falls in June, July or August, it may therefore be wiser to remain registered until 31 August (end of academic year). Then you also retain the right to DUO products.
Attention! Are you thinking about deregistering for a premaster program? Please note that this may have consequences for the amount of fee you paid and/or the possibility to re-enroll for free (if applicable).
For more information, please contact the ESSC.
- If you wish to know more about termination of enrolment at EUR, visit the webpage 'termination of enrolment'.
- 'Termination of enrolment' is just one of three steps that must be completed in the graduation process. If you'd like to read more about the complete graduation process, please click here.
- Click here for more information about reclaiming tuition fees.
Graduation and terminating Enrolment - Frequently asked questions
Go to Studielink
to enrol or re-enrol
Find your answer in ASK Erasmus