- Thursday 9 Jan 2020, 15:30 - 17:00
- PhD defence
- Senate Hall
- Erasmus Building
- Campus Woudestein
On Thursday 9 January 2020, M. Schreijenberg will defend his PhD dissertation, entitled: ‘Paracetamol for Acute Low Back Pain’.
The aim of this thesis was
1) to describe the similarities and differences between recommendations for pharmacotherapy of low back pain (LBP) from recent clinical practice guidelines;
2) to investigate if the results and inferences from the Paracetamol for Acute Low Back Pain (PACE) trial could be reproduced;
3) to assess the efficacy of paracetamol for acute non-specific LBP in participants of the PACE trial who complied with the treatment regimen; and
4) to investigate if there is an association between reporting adverse events (AEs) and the outcomes of acute LBP.
The public defence will take place at the Senatehall, 1st floor of the Erasmus Building, Campus Woudestein. The ceremony will begin exactly at 15.30 hrs. In light of the solemn nature of the ceremony, we recommend that you do not take children under the age of 6 to the first part of the ceremony.