Eikon is the successor of both Datastream and ThomsonOne. The interface has the same look and feel as Bloomberg and it’s also possible to use an Excel add-in. Eikon is available in Y1-7 (Polak building). We also have virtual machines with Eikon installed. We have designated machines for students and staff. Eikon requires to login with an username password that you can find at the bottom of your monitor.
To activate the Refinitiv Eikon Microsoft Excel Datastream add-in, this is what you need to do:
- Login to Refinitiv Eikon.
- Start Microsoft Excel and click “Enable content”
- Select the Eikon Refinitiv tab (might take a few minutes to show up)
- Click Sign In and select Add-Ons.
The following apps will be installed: Analyze This,Datastream, Datastream Charting, Deal Analytics,
Eikon for Microsoft Office Core (64 bit), Linking, PDF Link and Presentation Tools.
- Wait untill all apps states Restart Required and close Excel (don't restart the pc).
- Make sure Excel is fully closed. When in doubt check task manager.
- Now restart Microsoft Excel and check if you see the new tab on the right: “Refinitiv Eikon Datastream”.
Be patient, it sometimes takes a few minutes before you see the Refinitiv Eikon and the Refinitiv Eikon Datastream Add-in) If you also want the Bloomberg Add-in in Excel.
To activate the Bloomberg add-in, this is what you need to do::
- Close Excel
- Go to Start menu - Bloomberg – Install office add-ins
- Click Install
- Open Excel .