Viewing special collections
The University Library has several special collections, including:
The publications from these collections cannot be borrowed but are available for inspection.
Publications from the special collections are only available for inspection on production of a valid EUR student card, library card or reader pass. If you are not in the possession of any of these cards, please request one from the University Library information desk on your next visit. You will need to bring proof of identity and address with you. You can do this on working days from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm. A reader pass is available for free, while costs may apply for a library card.
How to request books
Fill out the online question form, stating which titles you require and the date and time you wish to inspect them. You will receive an email notification when the publications are ready. Please take the following into account:
- Publications requested prior to 2.00 pm will be ready for you the next weekday and will remain available for 5 working days.
- Certain publications might be vulnerable or represent a great value. You are therefore kindly advised to request publications two days in advance of your visit.
- Other delivery times apply if you require more than 10 publications. We will inform you whenever this is the case.
If you already have a student card, library card or reader pass, you can request publications from the History Didactics Collection yourself via our search engine, sEURch. Please consult the Search Guide on the HDC page for tips how to find titles from this collection.
Inspecting the books
Upon arrival at the library at the date and time of your visit, report to the information desk on the first floor of the library. After registering you will be taken to one of the reading rooms where the publications will be ready for you.
Please take the following into account:
- Inspection of the publications may start no later than 4.00 pm. The reading rooms are open Mondays to Fridays from 9.00 am to 4.45 pm.
- You should present your student card, library card or reader pass each time you visit.
- You will be given a key to the reading room, which you will be asked to sign for on receipt and on return. Please return the key no later than 4.45 pm.
- Lock the reading room each time you leave it.
- Leave the publications in the reading room. Permission is required for scanning or copying. Receiving permission for taking photos, scans or copies of a publication is dependent on various factors. The library staff will inform you about this.
- It is not permitted to eat or drink in the reading rooms.