At Woudestein campus you can study individually or as a group at various locations. An overview:
The University Library is divided into an east and west side. East is a quiet area. Here you will find quiet study spaces and study cabins to study individually and quietly.
In West you can study as well, but also discuss and work together. The Library offers study spaces with and without PC in both East and West.
Useful to know before you reserve a study space:
- You can study from Monday to Friday between 8.00 and 00.00 hrs;
- On Saturdays and Sundays this is between 10.00 and 21.00 hrs;
- You are flexible in the start and end time of your reservation;
- You can choose a study space yourself;
- Multiple reservations per day are possible. For example before and after a lecture;
- The minimum study time per reservation is 30 minutes and there is a maximum of 8 hours per reservation;
- You get 50 hours of Library study time per week. The week starts on Sunday and ends on Saturday;
- You can now book up to 7 days in advance;
- Check our current opening hours.
How to reserve your study space in the Library:
- Reserve your study space online with your ERNA account;
- It is possible to choose a specific study area;
- Select a study space with or without PC;
- Follow the instructions on the screen to submit your reservation;
- You will receive a confirmation via email.
In the Library - check in and check out:
- At your study place you scan the QR code on the table to check in and confirm your reservation with the 3-digit code from your confirmation email;
- Check in within the first 30 minutes of your study session otherwise your reservation will automatically expire. Someone else can then reserve the study space again;
- Always check out when you have finished studying. Any remaining time from your reservation will then be added to your Library study time.
- Please note: do not check out if you are taking a coffee or lunch break in between;
- Cancel your reservation before your shift begins if you are unable to come.
In the Polak Building (floor 2 to 5) you will find quiet study spaces, study spaces with and without PC, group workspaces and project rooms.
In the G Building are quiet study spaces, study spaces with and without a PC and group workspaces.
House rules University Library
Meet each other, study quietly or work together at our library locations. To promote and maintain a pleasant atmosphere, the University Library has drawn up house rules.
Erasmus University supports students with a functional impairment during their studies. The University Library offers a number of services. Read more.
As a EUR student or employee you can connect to Eduroam, the EUR WiFi network at Woudestein campus. Use your ERNA account for this. More information can be found on MyEUR (Dutch only).
Four rooms with smartboard are available in the Polak Building on the 4th floor for working on projects and presentations jointly. Reserve a project room with your ERNA account.
Course material, study area collection and study sections
- Course material (East 0);
- Printed general periodicals from the current year (West 0);
- Printed subject-specific periodicals from the current year (East +1);
- Research collection: publications on research management & academic skills (East 0);
- Migration collection: publications on migration & immigrant integration (East 0);
- Study area collection (East 0 and +1).
Polak Building, 4th floor:
- The Erasmus School of Social and Behavioural Sciences study sections: Sociology/Public administration, Psychology and Pedagogical and Educational Sciences. All required literature for the courses is arranged in multiple copies in these study sections.
- The study section of the Erasmus School of Law, specifically for bachelor students, is located in Sanders. The course material is housed here as well.