The Library ensures EUR students an inspiring and pleasant study environment and there is certainly a suitable study space for you. You can easily book this via our booking system.
The library building is divided into an east and west side: East and West. East is a quiet area. Here you will find study spaces and study cabins to study individually and quietly.
In West you can study as well, but also discuss and work together. The Library offers study spaces with and without PC in both East and West. You will find a floor plan at the bottom of this page.
Reserving a study space
- You can study from Monday to Friday between 8.00 and 00.00 hrs;
- On Saturdays and Sundays this is between 10.00 and 21.00 hrs;
- You are flexible in the start and end time of your reservation;
- You can choose a study space yourself;
- Multiple reservations per day are possible. For example before and after a lecture;
- The minimum study time per reservation is 30 minutes and there is a maximum of 8 hours per reservation;
- You get 50 hours of Library study time per week. The week starts on Sunday and ends on Saturday;
- You can now book up to 7 days in advance;
- Check our current opening hours.
- Reserve your study space online with your ERNA account;
- It is possible to choose a specific study area;
- Select a study space with or without PC;
- Follow the instructions on the screen to submit your reservation;
- You will receive a confirmation via email.
- At your study place you scan the QR code on the table to check in and confirm your reservation with the 3-digit or 4-digit code from your confirmation email;
- Check in within the first 30 minutes of your study session otherwise your reservation will automatically expire. Someone else can then reserve the study space again;
- Always check out when you have finished studying. Any remaining time from your reservation will then be added to your Library study time.
- Please note: do not check out if you are taking a coffee or lunch break in between;
- Cancel your reservation before your shift begins if you are unable to come.
Study area collection
In the Library you will find part of the physical collection spread over floors 0 and +1. You may take and consult books from the shelves or borrow these through the self-checkout machine. Where to find what:
- Course material (East 0);
- Printed general periodicals from the current year (West 0);
- Printed subject-specific periodicals from the current year (East +1);
- Research collection: publications on research management & academic skills (East 0);
- Migration collection: publications on migration & immigrant integration (East 0);
- Study area collection (East 0 and +1).
You can also study in other buildings on Woudestein campus. For example in the Polak, Sanders, Mandeville, Langveld, Theil and G Buildings or the Erasmus Pavilion. Click here for an overview.
In the Polak Building you'll find on the 4th floor:
- The Erasmus School of Social and Behavioural Sciences study sections: Psychology and Pedagogical and Educational Sciences. All required literature for the courses is arranged in multiple copies in these study sections.
- Four rooms with smartboard for working on projects and presentations jointly. Reserve a project room with your ERNA account.
In Sanders Building you'll find:
- The study section of the Erasmus School of Law, specifically for bachelor students. The course material is housed here as well.
Relax, refresh, recharge
No need to leave the Library whenever you want a break from studying!
To promote and maintain a pleasant atmosphere, the University Library has drawn up house rules.
Floor plan Library | Floor -1 (street level)
East: blue | silence area
West: purple | non silence area
Floor plan Library | Floor 0 (sky bridge level)
East: orange | silence area
West: green | non silence area
Floor plan Library | Floor +1
East: yellow | silence area
West: blue | non silence area